How Did You Meet Your Significant Other?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just a bit curious how this rag-tag group of guys and girls was able to find people who could deal with our madness.

I will start first. 2007 I was a junior in high school and my buddy liked a girl but he needed help with his mission. As a wing man I was tasked with becoming friends with the girl's best friend. I did so and managed to persuade my now girlfriend to have her girlfriend give him a shot. He got his one date with the other girl and she didnt like him at all. We ended up dating for the remainder of high school and when I left California to come back home after graduation she followed. The rest is history.

Lets hear your story OSA.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won mine in a seedy back room poker game. I was drunk, she was a looker, and so I bluffed my way through to the river with a 7 2 off suit. I laid my pink slip on the table and ended up with 15 years of hell as a prize.

Should have folded and walked home.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:O We met at work through a mutual friend. His wife was angry that he had a friend at work that was a girl. He though it would get her off his back to introduce the work girl to me. Turns out we are pretty compatible :)

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I used to be the guy who made the coffee for a block of Sunday School classes at church. One morning this old couple who would regularly come to me to get coffee made for their class, brought their daughter up with them. She was just visiting, and had a ring on her finger when we first met.

Well, her visit turned into a very long stay, as she was separating from and finally being divorced by her husband.

Eventually she started attending the same Sunday School class that I was in. I fond her to be obnoxious and annoying. She and her friends were always talking in the back of the class to themselves.

Fast forward a year, and I had asked the annoying girl to help do some recon on a girl I had as crush on. Well, that petered out, but I found the annoying girl wasn't so bad, and the only reason she had seemed obnoxious was the two guys who like puppy dogs were trailing her everywhere. We struck up a friendship.

Then my cat died and I became the loneliest, lowest dude on the planet. I needed some company, and my friend the previously thought to be annoying girl, decided to take up the charge to get me over my cat.

According to all of our friends, we had been dating for like two months before we realized we were. Long story short, I'm gonna be a poppa in May, and have been married for just over two years now :)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_culture

I won mine in a seedy back room poker game. I was drunk, she was a looker, and so I bluffed my way through to the river with a 7 2 off suit. I laid my pink slip on the table and ended up with 15 years of hell as a prize.

Should have folded and walked home.

I think your split has taken your OSA posting to new levels of art. So thanks.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Met mine at a costume party. She was dressed like Pebbles from The Flintstones. I was dressed like a cowboy (complete with vest and bib shirt). People kept introducing us. Been together 11 years, married 9.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plant Physiology class in college. We didn't know each other but had several other science classes together. We ended up in Plant Physiology class with her sitting in front of me.

Three weeks into the class was our first test. My buddy Phil set next to me and we semi-studied for our first test.

Dang!!! The first test was a 5 page written answers with plany phys chemistry thrown in. After that test and it being the first one for the class, I hoped I just made a "C" I would be thrilled with a "B".

Next day the professor passes back the test. Phil asked me what I made...Oh Yea..an 83.
Phil made an 87. Well this Chinese guy that sat in front of Phil and thought he was a science badazz turned around and grinned ear to ear. He tried to brag that he made a 98. My future wife caught him bragging and trying to belittle Phil and myself with his superior knowledge.

She turned to the Chinese guy and asked him what he made. He told her and then she lowered the.boom on him. She told hm this was one of the easiest tests she had ever taken. She made a 102 on the test and would have made a 104 but didn't see the last bonus question....boom goes the dynamite.

The rest just fell into place. I'm thankful for her each and every day.

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom