how long to wait?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on what mr.ed stated about parts. Ruger hasn't made the AC556 machine gun in a few years. They have made public parts are drying up.

Did you ask your gunsmith what the issue was? Sounds like he's backed up and you're next.

I haven't needed a gunsmith in quite some time. I know when I do, I hope they can rebarrel or rechamber hunting rifles for me. Cleaning I can do, renickel, rebarrel, rechamber...my skills are lacking.

Cohiba

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just be glad you didn't take it Bass Pro. Still waiting on the 3030 I bought for my son over 2 months ago to use for youth season. It had a cracked butt stock. I took it back and they assured me it would be no more than 4-6 weeks and wouldn't interfere with hunting season. All they can tell me is that they are waiting on the parts from Marlin. What a crock.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the gun smith had a very good idea as to what was wrong with the gun as i walked in the door. it is a 3 screw blackhawk - in 357.

yes he must have gotten backed up. my heartburn is if i had known the lead time, i would have made my decision based on this information.

when i last talked to the shop, they would call when it was done..... now i am told that it is ready. when i contacted the shop.

this is not about bashing a shop - i just sought your input as to how long to let it slife before just going to get the gun and sending it off.

i want to support local small businesses - but it does get hard at times..... thanks for the feedback

Latest posts

Top Bottom