How many fencers (sword) are out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use to watch the wife fence in college at OCU many, many moons ago. She used the French grip at first then switched to the Hungarian pistol Grip thing, still don't see how that thing is any more comfortable. Not that expensive to get into gear wise, the jacket and shoes are where they get you at first. Lessons are another thing, if you can find a local club it helps.

MBowman325

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recall seeing that there was a club in Edmond - looking at the map, they're about the same distance from where I live.

Hmm, with enough interest, there could be an OKShooters Fencing club :) - though there would probably be some contest about CC while fencing along with jokes on guns in a knife fight.

That's right, last time I looked (which has been several years ago) starter grade equipment (non-electric) could be had for something under $200, so not all that cost prohibitive. Can't remember if that included pants or just jacket / glove / weapon and mask. Even then, I'd be willing to bet that any training club will rent for a small fee (if it's not already included in the cost)

End of March or so I'll prob explore this some more.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can donate the OKCCoCo facility as a place to fence once maybe twice a week, to start out. It's a coworking / event tech event space, so we'd have to clear chairs and tables before and after.

Latest posts

Top Bottom