How much do looks affect your fire arm purchases.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won’t buy or own a blued gun. Looks good only as long as it’s babied, wears incredibly poorly, rust protection is pathetic. Bluing is literally the worst finish in existence and it’s hard to believe companies still blue guns. It’s obsolete trash only good for relics and paperweights.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won’t buy or own a blued gun. Looks good only as long as it’s babied, wears incredibly poorly, rust protection is pathetic. Bluing is literally the worst finish in existence and it’s hard to believe companies still blue guns. It’s obsolete trash only good for relics and paperweights.
SACRILEGE!!! Burn the unbeliever!

Got a couple blued firearms here over 100 years old, that would argue with you over that. See how good your aluminum & plastic looks in a hundred years. 😉

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the best "war crimes" in history were completed using rust-blued firearms. Good enough for anti-communists, good enough for me!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man ... Me and the guys at H&H used to make fun of SO many goobers. I would take 2 guns to work with me every day. My 34 and my Gold Cup.

I'd use my 34 if I needed to show some goober that girls can, indeed, learn how to shoot and shoot pretty decently, if I do say so myself. And if I needed some old fart to listen to what I had to say about something -- I'm sorry but your girlfriend CAN shoot something besides that .38 revolver and if she wants a different gun then GET HER A DIFFERENT GUN. 🙄🙄 It was amazing how many guys thought I was some kind of gun savant because I had that 1911 on my hip. Dumbasses. I'm not the walking encyclopedia -- that's Grumpy. I just like to shoot them. 😉😁

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SACRILEGE!!! Burn the unbeliever!

Got a couple blued firearms here over 100 years old, that would argue with you over that. See how good your aluminum & plastic looks in a hundred years. 😉
Like any us could see them in 100 years…

First Glock is 44 years old. They seem to be doing ok. I’m not really concerned about owning a gun 100 years :)

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I like purdy guns as much as anyone and I wish I could have a bunch of them but mostly the best I can do is have a few good, reliable tools available just in case I need them.

It would be nice to have a collection of S&W revolvers, especially the P&R models, and several lever guns, but for me a plastic fantastic hand gun and a black rifle will have to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom