How much is a mobile home worth that needs work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update on this if anyone is interested. May be useful info. No one wants my POS trailer. I’ve offered to pay moving companies to take it. I called the places recommended in this thread multiple times. They don’t even look or call back. It costs 6k to move and setup within 30 miles. Many people want it until they know the cost of moving it.

So, I’ve scheduled demolition for 3k.
Jeeze! Last time I moved one, in 1987, it cost me $1000, and $500 of that was having the tongue welded back on when they pulled it off due to a miscommunication. I had about 40 boxes of gun magazines, and they told me to put them at the front of the trailer...

Bill

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeeze! Last time I moved one, in 1987, it cost me $1000, and $500 of that was having the tongue welded back on when they pulled it off due to a miscommunication. I had about 40 boxes of gun magazines, and they told me to put them at the front of the trailer...

Bill
Yes the price to move is crazy. Makes these things a real problem.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While here doing road surveys in Alabama, we drove by a place with a very old mobile home parked kind of up on a slope. Two things I noticed was plywood sheets, one saying, "Free" and the other saying, "Move it."

Apparently no takers for that one either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom