How's the fishin at Wes Watkins Reservoir?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live close enough to it that I should be fishing it every day. However like YG said, $12 is way too high. They used to charge you just to drive in the gate and look around.

Hang on change is coming the prices are coming down, way down give them 30 days you will be able to look and picnic free.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oklahoma game and fish had an article about the shock test results and it was low for the bass. I would look up the figures from the shock test but, already gave it to my bud. If i understand it right the bass took a big hit from a virus and are slowly recovering. Crappie and sand bass are good. The fee does suck but, it does keep out a lot of ref raft. Its a good family lake.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not a City Lake, but McLoud will be taking it over and the prices are coming down, less than half of what they were. I'll post when it happens you will be able to look and picnic for free, will take about 30 days.

this would be a welcome change and I might actually fish there again. I live close to the north ramp but I can get an annual pass at shawnee for the cost of one trip to wes watkins.

groe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not a City Lake, but McLoud will be taking it over and the prices are coming down, less than half of what they were. I'll post when it happens you will be able to look and picnic for free, will take about 30 days.

this would be a welcome change and I might actually fish there again. I live close to the north ramp but I can get an annual pass at shawnee for the cost of one trip to wes watkins.

The City of McLoud took over July 1st Fishing $2 per person Boating $5 per watercraft per day and the annual combo is $48 come check it out now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom