https://missingmoney.com/

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found this letter I sent to the Dept of Revenue. I forgot they intercepted one of our state tax refunds in order to pay the amount they said we owed. We got both back eventually but it took years.

Screenshot (354).png

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found this letter I sent to the Dept of Revenue. I forgot they intercepted one of our state tax refunds in order to pay the amount they said we owed. We got both back eventually but it took years.

View attachment 420915
You could have taken a couple of your corgi's down to their office and threatened to let em loose and tear em apart.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this on the news this morning. It’s the national version of what our state treasurer does only it searches all 50 states.

https://missingmoney.com/
All it ask is last name and then first name.
It does want to load ‘cookies’ which I didn’t allow.

Anyone find any fortune?
I didn’t, but my dad’s widow had several.
And that adds a long list of items for my uncle that passed months ago...... More to dig up it seems. Weve already just found 3 bank accounts nobody knew about...... And have I mentioned that probate is a horrible process.... IF you own land. get a will. Get a Trust.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a circumstance where we found that the wife's dad had some "missing" money. This was after his passing and she was still the executor of his will and trust. However, when we asked about getting that money, we were informed that we had to present evidence of him having lived at the address listed. (He had lived in about 3 or 4 places in his last few years, including at our house for a short time.) Since we could not find any correspondence or anything else indicating he lived there, the wife couldn't "retrieve" those monies.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I've found money there a couple of times. Overpaid state taxes once a LONG time ago. And then a mutual fund I set up automatic payments to -- did one for each of the grandkids. Clay passed away and I stopped the contributions but never closed the account. Wasn't much. I'd rather have just had my grandson and kept making the payments until he turned 18. 😢

Latest posts

Top Bottom