https://missingmoney.com/

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this on the news this morning. It’s the national version of what our state treasurer does only it searches all 50 states.

https://missingmoney.com/
All it ask is last name and then first name.
It does want to load ‘cookies’ which I didn’t allow.

Anyone find any fortune?
I didn’t, but my dad’s widow had several.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your funds are definitely not missing.

DD87E8AC-38A5-4E5E-A77C-D7EC0F029547.png

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I filed my quarterly taxes in Colorado and paid the bill...mid 2000s. Had bank statement, receipt, etc. The state later sent me a bill for overdue taxes. I challenged and showed them the receipts. Nope...not good enough. Pay it or we're gonna shut down your business. Days of arguing with those a55holes did no good at all. I paid it...very grudgingly. 9 freakin' years later I searched a similar "find-your-money" website and saw my name. Looked into it and it was my payment to the state. It only took them 9 years to figure out they charged me twice. It took 6 months to get my money back. No interest or penalties, of course.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I filed my quarterly taxes in Colorado and paid the bill...mid 2000s. Had bank statement, receipt, etc. The state later sent me a bill for overdue taxes. I challenged and showed them the receipts. Nope...not good enough. Pay it or we're gonna shut down your business. Days of arguing with those a55holes did no good at all. I paid it...very grudgingly. 9 freakin' years later I searched a similar "find-your-money" website and saw my name. Looked into it and it was my payment to the state. It only took them 9 years to figure out they charged me twice. It took 6 months to get my money back. No interest or penalties, of course.
Government sucks at everything it does except financially f****ng the people it “serves”

Latest posts

Top Bottom