Huge Excavation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or fly ash from a power plant vs lime. Wait!
Obama restricted that because there was "potential" mercury in the fly ash.(that occurs naturally) After a couple million dollars of equipment and thousands of man hours of testing 24-7 for three years that I was personally involved in, the company and .gov said the levels were so low as to be almost undetectable, yet they still restricted it in ostupids war against coal.
I don't know if they still do after 4 years of retirement, but need to check into it. They restricted bottom ash too and I need some on my driveway.

The problem now, is that due to rules regarding burning coal in a power plant, the coal cannot be completely consumed during the burn.

Which means, there is no more flyash.

Which means, lime must be used in place.

So, instead of using a by-product of power plants to stabilize roadbeds, parking lots, and building pads, now the limestone must be quarried, crushed, and burned into lime.

Every step of that process uses hydrocarbon fuels, mostly diesel and natural gas.

What that means is that instead of stopping the evil carbon emissions resulting from burning coal, we have many times the emissions from burning fuels to process limestone to get a product that we already had 'free'.

And this was a result of all those smart people in Washington.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That is CPI pipe's red dirt pit, they were north of 40, they use red dirt or what you guys call clay, as red select, it packs better and is use to haul into construction sites before building on to get a good solid foundation so the slab does not move and crack. Just red dirt is used for making a solid surface for like driveways and such or if you need a good solid dirt to put a shed or something on to keep the ground level and it not settle causing issues later. I only know this from a 3 year stint driving a dump truck.
Um that is horses hit if I ever heard it so I assume this is satire? lmao
Thats a borrow pit use by OTA bought n paid for

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Clay in and of itself isn't a good foundation to build on. Especially when it concerns roads. It swells and heaves when wet and shrinks when it dries out. Normally a lime additive is needed to change the plasticity index of the soil.
you called my name? lol
Your exactly right, of course as we both know this simple stuff just from living in OK, let alone the fact that we have 65 plus combined years experience designing road.
If clay (soil, not me) is present in the existing ground upon where a structure like a highway, commercial sized building, anything more than a house basically, the sub base is treated with one of several options to circumvent the structure from resting directly on the clay bed. Just as @Jcann said.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The problem now, is that due to rules regarding burning coal in a power plant, the coal cannot be completely consumed during the burn.

Which means, there is no more flyash.

Which means, lime must be used in place.

So, instead of using a by-product of power plants to stabilize roadbeds, parking lots, and building pads, now the limestone must be quarried, crushed, and burned into lime.

Every step of that process uses hydrocarbon fuels, mostly diesel and natural gas.

What that means is that instead of stopping the evil carbon emissions resulting from burning coal, we have many times the emissions from burning fuels to process limestone to get a product that we already had 'free'.

And this was a result of all those smart people in Washington.
Flyash is created in brick ovens where they bake concrete cinder blocks also.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Judging by road conditions.....
Its all been an experiment the last 100 years. We dont do thinks the same here now and OK has one of the more tricky number of soil types to deal with in the country. Some of the more failing highways were in fact 50 years ago or more before we knew how to deal with clay. And certainly before we knew there would be so many heavy ass trucks.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um that is horses hit if I ever heard it so I assume this is satire? lmao
Thats a borrow pit use by OTA bought n paid for

There are a bunch of old codgers in Binger OK. who eat at the Sr Citizen Center who say it's a secrete underground government facility. Some of them even say they have seen helicopters fly out of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom