Hummingbird 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Cedar Waxwing. Beautiful bird. We had an ash tree that hung over our deck. They loved the new little leaf clusters that look kinda like a clump of parsley. I would have to hose the deck off almost every day when they came through.

Raptor62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cedar Waxwing. Beautiful bird. We had an ash tree that hung over our deck. They loved the new little leaf clusters that look kinda like a clump of parsley. I would have to hose the deck off almost every day when they came through.
Thanks for the ID!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife saw her first bird on March 28th last year. I didn’t see one until April 6th when I posted a pic. Our feeders are already out. Hoping to catch the early ones. Who else is getting ready?
Guess I need to get ready. I also bought a hummingbird house and hope to get a couple resident birds.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that it is mentioned I will put out today or tomorrow. I didn't log the day but it was in March last year. I put one on my office window so if I am here when they come, I will see them. This time of year as cool as it is, I won't replace juice only once every week for sure. And 100% just use the 4-1 ratios mentioned above,-- and no food coloring.
It still goes fast in mid summer for sure

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
January 23rd; seems a truce was declared. Phoenix area.
8527852E-8DB7-4442-8DBA-82504F9CCB53.jpeg

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Beautiful bird. They come thru and roost in our Bradford Pears and eat the crap out of the blooms. Very transitory birds in my area (Lawton). See them in large numbers for a few days and then nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom