Hunter safety course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck to her. Hope she does well on the test. I need to find a class locally that I can help out with or I'll lose my certification. I haven't held a class in over a year now.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok quick question for the neewbie heer! i am from alabama and have hunted and handled guns throughout my life. i am 23 years old, and have a brother in law that has some land and has invited me to go hunt it with him.... this being said i read that if you your born after some date that you had to have you hunter saftey coarse. now is there any way around this? i heard that if i am with a licensed hunter over 21 that i do not need it... on the other hand i dont want someone sitting over my shoulder while i am doing my thing... i just dont want to go waste 10 hours of my life for something that i have had training/experiance with my whole life... i am not nocking the HSC program because my little brother has takin' it, and has very good / helpfull info and gunhandling skills in the program... any thoughts or info on this would be greatlly appreciated... thanks, Nick.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even with all of your experience you will learn something, hopefully! It's not that bad of a class. But you can get your apprentice license but you have to be within arms reach of a licensed hunter. I say take the class and be done with it FOREVER!

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ok quick question for the neewbie heer! i am from alabama and have hunted and handled guns throughout my life. i am 23 years old, and have a brother in law that has some land and has invited me to go hunt it with him.... this being said i read that if you your born after some date that you had to have you hunter saftey coarse. now is there any way around this? i heard that if i am with a licensed hunter over 21 that i do not need it... on the other hand i dont want someone sitting over my shoulder while i am doing my thing... i just dont want to go waste 10 hours of my life for something that i have had training/experiance with my whole life... i am not nocking the HSC program because my little brother has takin' it, and has very good / helpfull info and gunhandling skills in the program... any thoughts or info on this would be greatlly appreciated... thanks, Nick.

I would take it Nick.I don't wanna be sittin arms reach from you while your hunting anyways! Lol.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would take it Nick.I don't wanna be sittin arms reach from you while your hunting anyways! Lol.

i know because you might shoot em' before i get too! lol, i think im gonna do it. i just didnt know if there might be anyway around it. In Alabama if the land is private youu do not need your HSC. i will call today and check into it. I want some damn deer chili!!!! So have you found anyone to baby sit for you saturday so we can go trout fishing??? i tried to tex you last night but my phone was jacked up and i just through my hands up and said the hell with it. lol. let me know...:ou

Latest posts

Top Bottom