Hunting Lease Taken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a hunting lease that I just found out the guys I had on it are not renewing this year. It is 160 acres and is just east of Blackburn, OK. It is within a few hundred yards of bordering the Keystone PHA. There is a fishing pond too and there is a creek going through it that has water most of the time. It has deer and turkey on it…..and some rattlers and copperheads. I have had it leased for 10+ years and I retain the right to hunt on it if I want but can tell you that I have not hunted on the place in the last 8 years….just too far from Stillwater for me to be convenient. It is just a close family friend that likes me to keep it leased and take care of it for them. If I do anything there, it will be to call predators or maybe bowhunt once or twice but I will not be there during any muzzleloader or rifle season. The cost will be $480 for a full year lease of hunting rights. You can put a camper on the place if you want. There are cattle on it but they don’t seem to bother the deer much. You can call me at 405-385-9858 if interested.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry guys….one of my old buddies that used to have this leased had been bugging me about getting it back for 2 years but had just leased a place last week and did not think he could afford to do both but he just called me and figured out a way to make it work and wants it back. He and his son have killed some good bucks off the place and some good turkeys too. It was just $480 per year for the place and not per gun. If it comes open again, I’ll let you guys know.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
money wont buy some people

True.:thumbup3:
Thats a nice area. We had a lease about 4 miles west of blackburn for many years, but when the owner died, the lease went away...Nice area, but not a slam dunk to hunt. One had to learn how to hunt the oaks. Food everywhere, cattle moving through the area. Ranchers feeding the cattle, etc.
It was a challenge, but that challenge put two on the wall.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom