HVAC problem (undersized unit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep my thermostat on 79 in the summer. When I think it's too hot inside I go do something outside. Then when I come back in problem solved. In the winter the thermostat never goes above 64.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank all of you for the help. I forgot to mention there are six people in my family and last month we had an additional two. That probably accounts for the extra cost. OGE projects my bill will be $100 less this month.

Also I forgot to mention the far two bedrooms are hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I really am considering a window unit and closing some vents in my room.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank all of you for the help. I forgot to mention there are six people in my family and last month we had an additional two. That probably accounts for the extra cost. OGE projects my bill will be $100 less this month.

Also I forgot to mention the far two bedrooms are hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I really am considering a window unit and closing some vents in my room.

Check into airflow boosters that accelerate the air through the ducts into back rooms.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The reason I asked was to show that the average home owner ....won't have a clue
Good advice was given
The reason I say call someone that knows is to save money and time
LOL, I'm an ICC licensed mechanical inspector with 35 yrz experience in the field
So, instead of trying to buzst someone's balls , why don't you just try to help
Thanks and Good Luck

You never gave any inclination of your qualifications.

Which is funny, considering you were accusing TJay and I of trying to sell something, when you're the one making money on A/C work. Which is irrelevant, unless you were guiding him to someone you had financial interest in (which you weren't).

If you had just said "I'm a licensed HVAC tech, and the issues are far too complex to diagnose online; you would be best served by calling a trusted pro."

Instead you just called everything crazy, and call a pro. Which just made you sound like an internet troll.

In your post where you actually helped, you just reinforced what many of us were saying in the beginning - that the reason for the high bill could have been many things, not necessarily a unit that was too undersized.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True, as I said I read that the unit wasn't working well
Yea the high bill could be lots of things
I'm not much of a name dropper, and these days I help when I can.
and only give multiple references, usually people I know are fair and inexpensive
Everyone needs a break , especially with something as expensive as HVAC work
My apologies , when I hear...I'm soanso with soanso.....I feel a sales pitch coming on.....ha
Anyways...stay cool

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've stayed out of this thread due to a poster. I'll come out pro garatis. It will have to be at my convenience because I have a business to run and busy right now.

I'll take superheat, subcool, wet bulb, delta t's, attic insulation and ventilation...: Whatever y'all want.

I've seen some marginal sized units struggle to keep up with the Extra latent load this year. That extra 1/2 ton would help, but why is your bill $350?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom