I Am SO READY to Be Gone from Here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have any evidence to support that theory, or are you just speculating? Could have been anything, legal or not, including simply being criminal jerks.

Well, before you again go all "high and mighty" on me, it is more than speculation. How about finding drug paraphernalia on the property after the quick departure of said individuals? If it is any interest to you, the wife and I both retired from a law enforcement agency, although not as commissioned officers/agents, so we both know a few things about such things.

Keep it up and you will be my first ever forum participant to be put on the "ignore" feature.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, before you again go all "high and mighty" on me, it is more than speculation. How about finding drug paraphernalia on the property after the quick departure of said individuals? If it is any interest to you, the wife and I both retired from a law enforcement agency, although not as commissioned officers/agents, so we both know a few things about such things.

Keep it up and you will be my first ever forum participant to be put on the "ignore" feature.
That's the evidence. Thank you.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've just had an incident today here at the Ranch. Gate was open because we had some ladies coming to tour the facilities. While we are at one of the lodges, we get a call from a guy that is down at our entrance. He says that he just chased some guy who ended up going onto our property. He claims the guy is stalking someone, has no drivers license, not registration or insurance on his vehicle. I drove the property twice without seeing the vehicle that was described. So, I went back up to a "back trail" that is about as wide as an ATV. I couldn't see any tracks to start with, but went on up a bit further and found tracks. Went just far enough further to see a car the right color through the trees. So, I backed back down and waited for the Sheriff's department. One sergeant and the undersheriff showed up and went up the trail. Pretty soon, two more deputies arrived on the Ranch.

All in all, we aren't sure that the story that the caller gave is even true. The car is still up there and the driver has gone to ground. He may or may not be back to get his car and leave with it. At any rate, the car is on BLM land, so we can't even call a wrecker to come and have it removed. I'm not even sure a wrecker could get to the car. I think that the best that could be done by the BLM is to call a locksmith to unlock the steering wheel and the ignition to let it be started so they could back it out.

We were impressed with the speed of reaction of the officers and their professionalism. And, I'm even more anxious to get the "hey" out of here.

Side note: I was and will be going around with a .45 on my hip the rest of the day.

Another side note: This even follows another incident where a couple of tweakers came on the property, stole a gate wheel off of our service entrance gate, broke into our neighbor volunteer's SUV and tried to break into their RV. They left in a hurry when met at the door of the RV with shotgun in hand.

And, before that by a few months, someone came on the property and tried to steal a trailer like those that landscaping companies have. You know, the ones with the expanded metal cage on the front. They got hooked up to it, but what they didn't know was that it was loaded with old asphalt roofing shingles. Their vehicle wasn't "horse enough" to get it untracked, and all they did was spin their rear wheels. So, those would-be thieves just unhooked and got the heck out of Dodge.

breaking into someones RV, at least in Oklahoma, is a death wish. these guys are obviously not right in the head.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the evidence. Thank you.

You're welcome. I guess it is a big eye-opener to go from someplace like Oklahoma to two states that legalized marijuana. Oregon is far worse for seeing drug use than what I found Colorado to be. We even work with a Christian program that is an addiction recovery program. In talking with some of those men, for the most part, all of them say that the legalization here in Oregon has been an awful thing for them and others that they know.

I guess I just got irritated with the way your question was worded. I apologize for threatening you with "ignore."

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're welcome. I guess it is a big eye-opener to go from someplace like Oklahoma to two states that legalized marijuana. Oregon is far worse for seeing drug use than what I found Colorado to be. We even work with a Christian program that is an addiction recovery program. In talking with some of those men, for the most part, all of them say that the legalization here in Oregon has been an awful thing for them and others that they know.

I guess I just got irritated with the way your question was worded. I apologize for threatening you with "ignore."
It's hard to judge tone from the printed word. No hard feelings.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Have these men you work with never heard of personal responsibility and self control?? Is their pot use everyone else's fault but their own?? Sheesh ... sorry, but I get irritated in the "oh woe is me, I couldn't help myself" BS.

Please tell Joe I said 'Hey' and I FINALLY got my machine bank (can't remember if I told you). Took two weeks and $10. Can you believe it??!?!?

When you get a slow minute :hey3:can you find out how much a cabin for the month is at your new place?? I can find the weekly rate but not a monthly one. I'm thinking about leaving the old man here, bringing Nero and my sewing machine, and hanging out with Jo for the month right before your off-season ends (cause it's cheaper) and so some sewing!

Hang tight and don't shoot anybody, if you can help it!:bighug:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom