I can't think of a title. What do you even say at a time like this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Careful, Y'all. Folks over in the thread about the state question about liquor stores being able to open on Sunday will give you grief for picking on those poor folks that drive/drove drunk.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:pissed:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/oklaho...iency-to-man-who-drove-drunk-killed-woman/amp
Judge shows leniency to man who drove drunk, killed woman
by Tim Willert
Published: Wed, March 4, 2020 7:41 PM

In an unusual show of leniency, a judge Wednesday sentenced a Yukon man who drove drunk and killed a mother of six to one year of weekends in the Oklahoma County jail.

I saw that at the time. It's just taken me until now to accept it and be able to respond wiithout going on a rant.
While I was not expecting, or wanting him to go to prison for life, I DO NOT feel that justice was served.
That's about all I can say right now...

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that at the time. It's just taken me until now to accept it and be able to responded without going on a rant.
While I was not expecting, or wanting him to go to prison for life, I DO NOT feel that justice was served.
That's about all I can say right now...

A lot will depend on his future actions. With 35 years of probation, if he does it again within that time, a new sentencing can be applied by revoking his probation. The court records indicate he was "convicted," thus he is a felon now. Anytime during the 35 years that he might get charged and sentenced again, it could be a real different sentence.

In my years of working with court cases with the OSBI, I NEVER saw a judge give a guy a 35 year suspended sentence, so this is a very harsh initial sentence, and a following one could be even harsher.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on the guy screwing up a second time to get justice for this family is beyond wrong. The law should protect the public. If he does the exact same thing again is justice served and the public protected ? I don't think so. What if next time he kills an entire family. 35 years of probation is about as effective as a VPO protecting a battered wife. This guy needs a 20 sentence so he will have time to think about the life he has taken and the ones he has ruined. That lady judge should never be allowed in a courtroom again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom