I guess I'm in Trouble with the School. Spelling.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My little guy now 3 1/2 when he was 2 was telling mimi(grandma) what sounds the animals make. What sound does a cow make? Moo. What sound does a dog make? Bark bark. What sound do a cat make? Meow meow. What sound does a duck make? Bang Bang. I guess dad hunts and watches hunting shows a little too much. LOL.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, heavens ... I thought I was the only one ...

Dave, how is it I have NO trouble believing you have corrupted your poor grandchild beyond belief?!?!? LOL (That IS funny, though!!) :)

It is a gift.

My oldest grandson was involved in a conversation with my wife, myself and one of my wife's friends about two years ago (he was 7).
Someone said the word "balls" and my wife's friend was freaked out and didn't want us to use "those words" in front of my grandson.
He looked at her and said "That's OK. I prefer the term 'jewels' myself".

Dave

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, Harley1953! Good name. I have a set of 1953 FL cases sitting next to the milling machine. They belong to a buddy of mine.

My mom, the kid's grandmother, aka "Nanny", swears like a sailor. I'm not sure when she started doing that exactly, but she will corrupt my little niece, no doubt.

Hey Dave --

Birth year and my favorite motorcycle..... I REALLY hope I can clean up my act as I drop way too many of the four letter words that I hope young grandson will not pick up.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, heavens ... I thought I was the only one ...

Dave, how is it I have NO trouble believing you have corrupted your poor grandchild beyound belief?!?!? LOL (That IS funny, though!!) :)

It's not me, it's my mom. She's trouble. I never heard her cuss... until my dad cheated on her when I was in the 7th grade. I believe that was the beginning of a long, dirty language path for her. She never came back. Big stuff too, not just Hell or damnit. F bombs, **** sucker, and so on. She's trouble. She's almost 70. I can only imagine what it will be like when she's in her 90s. Almost all the women on her side make it to high 90s.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not me, it's my mom. She's trouble. I never heard her cuss... until my dad cheated on her when I was in the 7th grade. I believe that was the beginning of a long, dirty language path for her. She never came back. Big stuff too, not just Hell or damnit. F bombs, **** sucker, and so on. She's trouble. She's almost 70. I can only imagine what it will be like when she's in her 90s. Almost all the women on her side make it to high 90s.

LOL ... no, not you ... the "other" Dave ... You seem like a nice guy ... I've MET the other Dave so he's in no danger of me thinking he's nice! ;)

I know EXACTLY where your mom is coming from ... I used to be the "sweet" girl too ... then my husband (the first one) left me so he wouldn't get stuck with the kids when I died (they thought I had ovarian cancer for a little bit), my parents told me that if I'd been a good wife in the first place he wouldn't have left and the attorneys I worked for gave everyone in the office a raise but me because "and I quote "You don't act like you really need a raise" -- I was a single mom raising 3 kids with no child support!!

Yeah, I kinda snapped ... took a job bartending at night, worked for those lawyers during the day and took care of my kids best I could inbetween ... man, oh, man ... I've not been the same since ... I think it was the sleep deprivation that did it ... lol ;)

The youngest woman to pass away in my family was 96 when she went (my grandma). Several women have made it to 100 ... I'm gonna be here a while! (Poor, poor, poor GC ... )

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a gift.

My oldest grandson was involved in a conversation with my wife, myself and one of my wife's friends about two years ago (he was 7).
Someone said the word "balls" and my wife's friend was freaked out and didn't want us to use "those words" in front of my grandson.
He looked at her and said "That's OK. I prefer the term 'jewels' myself".

Dave

LOL ... that's a hoot!! I used to go on calls with my dad during calving season. We were out at some rancher's place fixing to do a c-section and the old fart kept trying to get me to go into the house with the womenfolk. I was in kindergarten. Apparently I felt like he needed some guidance because Daddy says I proceeded to tell him not to worry about his cow and give him the lowdown on the entire procedure from start to finish.

I don't remember it but Daddy says the old man finally stopped trying to get me to go in the house and said "Hell, I"ve been ranching for 60 someodd years and she knows more about birthing calves than I do."

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kids are great. One of mine is grown and the other in HS, but I still remember when they were little and often repeated the things they heard Daddy say. My FIL still laughs about an incident with Mickey Mouse. My daughter (who was 3 or 4 at the time) was showing him pictures of cartoon characters. She came to a picture of Minnie Mouse and said, "Look Papa, that's Mickey Mouse"
He replied, "No Sweetie, that's Minnie"
"No Papa. It's Mickey Mouse"
"No Honey, its Minnie"
"That's a bunch of bulls#@t, Papa. That's Mickey Mouse"
He laughed so hard I thought he was never going to catch his breath. She had been "working" with me out in the shop and must have picked up that little gem.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still remember the teacher getting onto my son for saying that he had to " go pi$$". Called my wife and woke her up,she worked nights then.
She told them to deal with it. lol

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got in trouble once for telling a teacher that I "had to go pinch a loaf." She said what's you mother goning to say when I tell her what you just said. I told her "who do you think taught me that." That went over like a lead balloon.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got in trouble once for telling a teacher that I "had to go pinch a loaf." She said what's you mother goning to say when I tell her what you just said. I told her "who do you think taught me that." That went over like a lead balloon.

One of my boys got caught whispering in class. The teacher asked him to share with the class what he thought was so funny ... so he did ... It was the Mathis Brothers/gerbil story ... Apparently the class (middle school, 8th grade IIRC) thought it was hysterical. Teacher called me at WORK and insisted I come down to talk to her RIGHT THEN. Cost me a half a day's leave ...

When she told me what happened I said "So ... he's in trouble for doing what you asked him to do??" Yeah, she and I went 'round and 'round that year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom