I hate all these out of state transplants!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just ranting…some idiot woman from Texas ran into my teenage niece today while trying to pass her across a double yellow line. Said woman then proceeded to get aggressive even went as far as to threaten to beat her @$$ because her son was in the truck…no damage to either vehicle but my niece called the cops. The boys in blue showed up ticketed the trash and proceeded to arrest her for DUI-MJ. Sick and tired of these people coming over and running down the place. Makes me want to move to Wyoming even more…I’d much rather deal with the isolation and bears.
Where you would be considered out of town trash at least for a while. And possibly a great snack! ;) I'm an adoptive Okie. I am FROM Southern California. As far from it as I could manage. I was aiming for Texas, but this will do. I've only been here for 27 years and a bit, so a newcomer, myself. Took me most of 23 years to get here. I left Cali in 1973. I'm a little bit liberal, and quite a bit more conservative, depending on what we're talking about. I don't care who you sleep with as long as they're a consenting adult(s). I figure we should know how to pay for any social programs we get people dependent on before we do that, and make sure they're fully funded up front. Fiscally conservative, they call that. Everyone who is a citizen should get one and only one vote on any issue, and anyone who is not a citizen doesn't get a vote at all. Folks who cheat at that should be executed. I figure taxes should not exceed 10%. After all, even God doesn't ask for more than that. That governments should live within the taxes they're allowed to collect. That most everyone wants the same things I do. To be left alone to live my life as I chose, so long as I'm not hurting anyone else. If I want to shoot or blow up stuff, as long as it's my stuff, on my property, and it doesn't hurt anyone else, it's my business and no-one else needs to be involved.

I do think that DUI should be a capital offense. Particularly if someone is hurt or killed. Though restitution should be required first, before their miserable existence is ended.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Define cheap. Realtor up the road has rural property for $10,000 an acre. Knows she'll get it. Heard 180 acre on top of kiamichi mountain went for 1 million to a young Texan.
Edit to add, this isn't farm country. Poor soil rocks, red cedar. 150 miles from Tulsa 200 miles from OKC. Only jobs is Choctaw hospital or school. Choctaw preference for their hospital. Most rasist bunch around here.
There's lots of folks with money out there and lots of folks with money looking to spend it. When you compare real estate prices with nearly every other state around, we're cheap. Legal pot, cheap fuel, cheap land, pretty much cheaper everything other than insurance rates. There's really no location in Oklahoma that's considered "touristy" that would promote higher real estate prices. Hunting land, farm land and highway frontage are about the only properties that bring big money per acre in OK and even then still cheaper than surrounding states. Look at tiny homes in Silverton, Colorado. $1m for a 2 bed 2 bath 1500sq in town with a view lol. Price it high and if it sells great, and the majority of the time it does, if not it will still sell for more than its worth lol.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's lots of folks with money out there and lots of folks with money looking to spend it. When you compare real estate prices with nearly every other state around, we're cheap. Legal pot, cheap fuel, cheap land, pretty much cheaper everything other than insurance rates. There's really no location in Oklahoma that's considered "touristy" that would promote higher real estate prices. Hunting land, farm land and highway frontage are about the only properties that bring big money per acre in OK and even then still cheaper than surrounding states. Look at tiny homes in Silverton, Colorado. $1m for a 2 bed 2 bath 1500sq in town with a view lol. Price it high and if it sells great, and the majority of the time it does, if not it will still sell for more than its worth lol.
And local wages are not the same

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do believe that’s what he’s hell bent on wanting all of us to believe. 🤦🏼

That may be true however was not my personal experience. My grandfather was from Allen, OK and moved to California as did his 5 other siblings and not one of them ever moved back to Oklahoma. Guess I should be thankful because if they hadn’t I wouldn’t be on this Earth although I’m thinking that would make some of you folks happy.

Dad was youngest of 9. 3 brothers and 1 sister went to Cali, after enlisting because of Pearl Harbor. They all stayed, after the war. 1 brother and 1 sister stayed entire life in Oklahoma. Dad and 1 sister went to Texas. My family has been here since 1888, but I'm considered a transplant / invader.

1 brother retired and moved back to Ok. Dad retired and moved back to OK.
I retired and moved back 20 years ago, to care for Mom. The people and attitudes has changed, way for worse, in the last 40 years. Very clicking, rampant drugs and crime. Narcissistic entitlement attitudes. Majority of the "good" people are those who moved here.

I know Firpo, have done deals, broke bread; he IS one of the good ones and would be sorely missed.

I am definitely NOT OK with things getting worse, but the problem isn't 100% transplants.

Back in the '70s, #1 saying in Alaska was "happiness is seeing a Texan moving south, with an Okie under each arm." The deal, Alaskan pipeline, JOBS.

Soon after, "Yankee go home." JOBS

Dust Bowl, Cali advertising JOBS.

What is happening in Kommiefornistan? Taxes, company moves, people move for JOBS.

Last edited:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad was youngest of 9. 3 brothers and 1 sister went to Cali, after enlisting because of Pearl Harbor. They all stayed, after the war. 1 brother and 1 sister stayed entire life in Oklahoma. Dad and 1 sister went to Texas.

1 brother retired and moved back to Ok. Dad retired and moved back to OK.
I retired and moved back 20 years ago, to care for Mom. The people and attitudes has changed, way for worse, in the last 40 years. Very clicking, rampant drugs and crime. Narcissistic entitlement attitudes. Majority of the "good" people are those who moved here.

I know Firpo, have done deals, broke bread; he IS one of the good ones and would be sorely missed.
Lived here most of my life. Not seeing a lot of good transplants here.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The people and attitudes has changed, way for worse, in the last 40 years. Very clicking, rampant drugs and crime. Narcissistic entitlement attitudes. Majority of the "good" people are those who moved here.

You're wrong, nothing has changed fundamentally in this state which is what you're bitching about in the above . My family came in a wagon from Tennesse to SE Oklahoma when McAlester was a trading post right after the Civil War . As long as I can remember and well before me it was cliquish , you're either from the area or you're not and life long natives know that.

There has always been a drug/ alcohol problem , and there has also been crime . Guess what every place has those problems and at scale to boot . Okla by comparison really doesn't have much of any of it in large quantities when you look at other states .

The majority of the good people here were here from day one, to say otherwise is absurd . Outsiders who move here are more accommodating because they have no investment in tradition and no dog in the fight in a local community and don't care as a rule. Locals want their heritage preserved , do you see the disparity ?

I have traveled for work many times, but I never ever changed residency and always came home on a regular basis, some folks left Oklahoma for jobs and stayed where they moved to . Its not a bad thing people leave because they felt there wasn't enough opportunity for them in the state, but coming back 20 -40 years after the fact isn't the same as being here all the time either .

And for what it's worth the above is not being narcissistic and to be honest that's not even a good word to describe being closed to others intruding in your space. Xenophobia may be more accurate ;) , but I prefer protectionist

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom