I hate all these out of state transplants!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having lived in California for a period, I can confirm a lot of them are indeed freaks. I just don’t understand why they’d move to one of the most conservative states in the union, only to complain about our politics and how we do things.

Same reason a virus passes from one host to the next .

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma definitely does not have a problem with DUI, drugs, driving without insurance, driving without license, aggressivedriver, assholes; in the RESIDENT population. 100% in the out-of-state transplants. Gotcha.
I do believe that’s what he’s hell bent on wanting all of us to believe. 🤦🏼

The majority of those migrant workers came straight back to the old sold when dust bowl ended .
That may be true however was not my personal experience. My grandfather was from Allen, OK and moved to California as did his 5 other siblings and not one of them ever moved back to Oklahoma. Guess I should be thankful because if they hadn’t I wouldn’t be on this Earth although I’m thinking that would make some of you folks happy.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes land is cheap in OK, out of state buyers are everywhere. Rural OK land being cheaper than metro, there's Tulsa and OKC folks roaming around now buy up land........
Define cheap. Realtor up the road has rural property for $10,000 an acre. Knows she'll get it. Heard 180 acre on top of kiamichi mountain went for 1 million to a young Texan.
Edit to add, this isn't farm country. Poor soil rocks, red cedar. 150 miles from Tulsa 200 miles from OKC. Only jobs is Choctaw hospital or school. Choctaw preference for their hospital. Most rasist bunch around here.

Last edited:

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do believe that’s what he’s hell bent on wanting all of us to believe. 🤦🏼

That may be true however was not my personal experience. My grandfather was from Allen, OK and moved to California as did his 5 other siblings and not one of them ever moved back to Oklahoma. Guess I should be thankful because if they hadn’t I wouldn’t be on this Earth although I’m thinking that would make some of you folks happy.

I don't know you , so if I am being perfectly honest it doesn't make me happy nor sad, I am pretty dispassionate in that respect when it comes to total strangers .

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Define cheap. Realtor up the road has rural property for $10,000 an acre. Knows she'll get it. Heard 180 acre on top of kiamichi mountain went for 1 million to a young Texan.
When I was growing up in Bixby there was a 160 across the road from my dad went up for sale. They were asking 140k for it and I told him that he ought to jump on it. He indignantly declared that land would never be worth a thousand an acre. Now it’s 35-45k per...

Latest posts

Top Bottom