I hate all these out of state transplants!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outsiders are screwing the future up for natives who may be priced out at some point when People from the coast come in and pay more than what many locals can afford to. Nothing personal if I had my way non natives wouldn't be able to buy land in the state at all. Its not a benefit generally speaking to the locals.

Sorry, dumbest post in a while on OSA. Doesn't seem much like a constitutional republic and the ability to live by the constitution and bill of rights that you so vehemently chatter about on this thread. Your post wreaks of several forms of 'isms' and 'ist's'. As i said early on in this thread and other posts lately. It's not the out-of-staters that are screwing up the state and ruining OK of the natives. There aren't enough people moving into OK from other states to screw it up so much that 42%+ of the voters in Oklahoma voted for Liberal/progressive candidates in the last election. "Natives" such as yourself should look into the mirrow and see why your "native" friends and family, the families your kids go to school with, and your longtime neighbors and coworkers and vote for these dipchits in the first place. Most of your public education in the state in and around the larger metro areas are producing good little liberal children that then take these same thoughts and processes to high school and college.

As for the true Native Americans, same thing as above. While the US really f'ed over the Native Americans in this country many many years/decades ago they really, for the most part, have had the same opportunity as any local white or brown kid who grew up in small town or rural Oklahoma the past 30-50 years. In the end, it still comes down to personal responsibility, how you were raised by their parents, how you applied yourself and your life choices you make the first 25 years of your life. Stop blaming outsiders for the few ills that OK has and look within.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, dumbest post in a while on OSA. Doesn't seem much like a constitutional republic and the ability to live by the constitution and bill of rights that you so vehemently chatter about on this thread. Your post wreaks of several forms of 'isms' and 'ist's'. As i said early on in this thread and other posts lately. It's not the out-of-staters that are screwing up the state and ruining OK of the natives. There aren't enough people moving into OK from other states to screw it up so much that 42%+ of the voters in Oklahoma voted for Liberal/progressive candidates in the last election. "Natives" such as yourself should look into the mirrow and see why your "native" friends and family, the families your kids go to school with, and your longtime neighbors and coworkers and vote for these dipchits in the first place. Most of your public education in the state in and around the larger metro areas are producing good little liberal children that then take these same thoughts and processes to high school and college.

As for the true Native Americans, same thing as above. While the US really f'ed over the Native Americans in this country many many years/decades ago they really, for the most part, have had the same opportunity as any local white or brown kid who grew up in small town or rural Oklahoma the past 30-50 years. In the end, it still comes down to personal responsibility, how you were raised by their parents, how you applied yourself and your life choices you make the first 25 years of your life. Stop blaming outsiders for the few ills that OK has and look within.

I don't need you to tell me about a place I was born and raised in and tell me my views messed up because I want to preserve it. I can absolutely have a my state first view when it comes to the people who live here . I've forgotten more about this state than you're going to know , my family settled it, farmed it, made a living here and have died over it .

Its home not some place I ran to to get away from something else because I didn't want to fix where I lived . Not trying to be an ass but dude before you come telling me stuff you need to know what you're talking about. Get back to me in another century about this .

queenjohnson1791

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Perfectly spoken! And pretty much where I was slowly headed. I also expected more in the way of freedom and respect of others freedom from this group, and not the cancel culture mentality I left behind. As I have stated in a previous post, if you do not agree with your local government you are free to find one you align with and go there, or vote them out, but blaming others is not going to solve anything.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perfectly spoken! And pretty much where I was slowly headed. I also expected more in the way of freedom and respect of others freedom from this group, and not the cancel culture mentality I left behind. As I have stated in a previous post, if you do not agree with your local government you are free to find one you align with and go there, or vote them out, but blaming others is not going to solve anything.

No ma'am I do not have a cancel culture mentality and for that matter I do not have a problem with the local or state government. Did you try taking your own advise before bailing and running some where else ?

I was a voting Republican in Oklahoma when a republican couldn't run for city dog catcher and lived through the shift from a Democrat controled state to the current Republican controlled state.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neither I nor my mom were born here, but we were both raised here. Are you trying to say I'm not a native Okie?
Yup!… GTFO.. While you’re on the way out go ahead and sell your home/property back to a real local for pre-Covid prices too. Thank you sir. Lmao

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it doesn't really matter who does the assessing. Whomever it is do they allow the home to be reassessed if you, the owner, thinks it was assessed at to high of a value?
Yes, you can protest the assessment, but unless one has dominating evidence, it will continue to rise.
I’ve been successful twice.
The rising home prices nationwide is affecting everyone that pays property tax. Our home has tripled in price since we bought it.
The home in the county is a single family dwelling in the middle of nowhere, so some unelected person in the assessors office decided to compare our property to a development 3 miles away with paved roads and curbs vs our self maintained gravel road requiring constant maintenance that floods on the lower end occasionally, 2 bedroom vs their three to four, although our bedroom is bigger than my first apartment as well as the master bath is bigger also, but they only go by square footage.
I called them Friday to inform them that the pool, deck, hot tub, and all outside patio’s had been removed this spring.
We travel so much, they can’t be maintained.
We will see what the tax man says next season.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom