I have a confession.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oddly enough, it seems that most folks who put down Hi-Points have never fired one... :D
I shot a 9mm Hi Point at a match once on a bet for a hoot. It ran all day, but had to aim a foot left to hit center mass and the sights are not adjustable. Happened in the early part of this century so things may have changed sight wise.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've never understood the "dont carry a nice gun in case it has to go into evidence" argument. I'd prefer to carry a gun I shoot well, can trust and enjoy...if it ends up in the evidence locker, I'd be pretty upset that I just had to shoot someone over the fact that the police have one of my pistols. I dont want to lose any of them but in that situation that would be the least of my concerns.

The HP is also cheaper than the Kimber I was carrying and still do occasionally, thats for darn sure.

I don't carry my Belgium Browning Hi Power that Austin Behlert worked his magic on because I worry it might be in an "evidence file". I don't carry it because it is a Belgium Browning Hi Power that Austin Behlert worked his magic on. It's simply not a gun that would be all that easy to replace and one that I don't want any carry wear on ... or chocolate cake.

When we moved to Michigan in the early 90's I had to register ("Green Card") all my handguns and a couple shotguns. I had a special waiver where the state allowed me to bring all my guns (they had a limit on quantity to register during a month). Had this deputy in Livingston County "inspecting" my Hi Power while eating a piece of chocolate cake with his fingers.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Um....Officer, not to be rude or appear a total neurotic, but um, well you see, um..

I was standing with his boss, a State Trooper and a State's Attorney and I asked him if everything was alright to which he replied it was (I think he got a hard on looking at it). I then asked him if he planned to use a dish towel or a silicone cloth?

Latest posts

Top Bottom