I have a hypothetical question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontimeontarget

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would Ayn Rand say?

Oh I know..
"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be
much easier to deal with." ('Atlas Shrugged' 1957)

Anaconda40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would Ayn Rand say?

Oh I know..
"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be
much easier to deal with." ('Atlas Shrugged' 1957)

Love that book.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they could do to us what they did in '68 with class 3s and make us register them if we ever intend to use or sell them or "let" us turn them in with no penilty.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think those laws were probably laying the groundwork for the NRA to be here in the first place...

The NRA has been around since 1871(?).

I think I remember reading somewhere that the Executive VP in 1968 expressed support for the GCA, but the members were against it and he was ousted later. I'll see if I can find something about that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom