If a (hypothetical) amendment were passed to ban guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If a Constitutional amendment passed to replace the 2nd amendment and ban guns, would you

• comply

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • ignore

Votes: 58 96.7%
  • leave

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is the (often missed) point from the interview with the SCOTUS i mentioned. I will try to dig up the interview for reference.

There *is* a way they could go about doing it within the founding framework, but the know it wont happen.
They do it legislatively, obviously, because they know there is NO possibility of doing it via amendment. At least until they are further along in the purple migration plan.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, kind of a loaded question (pun intended). 1994 There was an "assault weapons ban" and what did everyone do? Held on to what they had, let it increase in value, sold in some cases. Because of grandfathering all it changed was what could be sold as new. Before you can really ask the question you need to ask will their be confiscation? Will possession be a crime? Will there be registration. Regardless of the specifics I found out a few years back that a Tracker Pro Team 175 and a firearms safe don't go together so well.

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, kind of a loaded question (pun intended). 1994 There was an "assault weapons ban" and what did everyone do? Held on to what they had, let it increase in value, sold in some cases. Because of grandfathering all it changed was what could be sold as new. Before you can really ask the question you need to ask will their be confiscation? Will possession be a crime? Will there be registration. Regardless of the specifics I found out a few years back that a Tracker Pro Team 175 and a firearms safe don't go together well.
you can spin the hypothetical out in many ways, but in this situation the issue is different than the 1994 ban as (at least as i tried to articulate) there isn't a grand father clause per se. I didn't explore confiscation, etc, because it would easily derail the overall discussion.

I guess i could have been more exact and said 'guns and possession are illegal', but i was more focused on the 'next' rather than the 'how we got there'

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can spin the hypothetical out in many ways, but in this situation the issue is different than the 1994 ban as (at least as i tried to articulate) there isn't a grand father clause per se. I didn't explore confiscation, etc, because it would easily derail the overall discussion.

I guess i could have been more exact and said 'guns and possession are illegal', but i was more focused on the 'next' rather than the 'how we got there'
Needless to say I get your point. The saddest part is where would one move too? As far as I know no other nation has the freedom to own firearms like Oklahoma, Texas and other states share. Anyone know of a place?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Needless to say I get your point. The saddest part is where would one move too? As far as I know no other nation has the freedom to own firearms like Oklahoma, Texas and other states share. Anyone know of a place?
i'm glad i'm not totally incoherent!

And yes, i had that same thought. But with so many 'if you don't like it you should leave' types here i thought i'd at least include it. I'm sure there are many permutations of options. I just was trying to distill them down to simple choices to pick from for the sake of clarity.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that were to happen I think every gun owner or anyone thinking about gun ownership in the state should march on the state capital and make sure that laws are passed IGNORING the federal law and stating that we will not comply. This is a STATE, let's treat it as such.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Constitution does not create rights. It is only a recognition and physical manifestation of pre-existing natural rights. The Constitution is by its nature incapable of protecting anyone’s natural rights. It is incumbent on each individual to claim and declare their rights. Each situation and its participants determine the limits of prosecution and defense. The turning over of U.S. vs John Bad Elk was in itself bad law. When there exists no recourse then inevitably there is only one outcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom