I have a lot of 9mm and .40 ammo. Rifle questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of rifle or carbine is made that will shoot these pistol rounds.
From what little I know, the choices are rifle that is very cheap and unreliable to the AR style that is very expensive.

Anything in the middle pricewise?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Point, and Beretta, and maybe Kel-Tec make carbines in these calibers. If you are just looking to plink the Hi Point Carbine is actually quite reliable and accurate.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9mm:
Calico Carbine
Sterling
Ruger PC9
Kel-Tec Sub2000

40S&W
Ruger PC4
Kel-Tec Sub2000

Additionally, there are tons of people who like Hi-Point's carbine, it would appear that Hi-Point did something right with that one. Add an ATI stock and it won't be so butt ugly.

fatmax987

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got a beretta cx4 storm in 40sw. gonna try and get to h&h today to shoot. Will let you know how it goes. I liked the Beretta due to it's compact size and I must confess the aesthetics. To me it just looks coool.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marlin made the Camp 9 as well. Seems like they also had the 45 ACP carbine if I remember correctly.

I own the 45 version. Uses 1911 mags, which is nice. Turns 45 ACP into a plinker. I think the 9mm version uses Berreta 92FS mags.

The only issue I can see with the design is that the direct blowback action doesn't really buy you any advantage in shooting a pistol round out of longer barrel. It also flings the piss out of the cartridges and they end up a mile away.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Marlin Camp 9 uses the Smith and Wesson 59 series mags.

Oops, beat me to it. I guess that is what happens when you are helping a buddy on the phone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom