I just had LASIK done!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can they put me to sleep first? Im a puzzy!
IIRC, they can't put you to sleep because your eyes will (try to) roll up into your eye sockets. Of course those "few years ago" when I talked to the eye doc about it turns out to be about 13 years ago, so I could be mis-remembering that.

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can't put you to sleep because you must actively focus on a specific point for the laser to be accurate. The laser system monitors the position of your eye and stops the machine automatically if your eye isn't 100% in the correct position. It can also use eye tracking to compensate for small involuntary movements. I think I paid about $1600 per eye, but the was the higher end package that included all eye drops, post op screenings, etc. I paid using a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). The FSA reduced my tax liability by the amount of the procedure and the payments were automatically taken out of my paycheck pretax over a 12 month period. I also used part of a dormant Health Savings Account (HSA) account to pay for a portion of the procedure. With the FSA, I paid with credit card initially and later reimbursed myself with the FSA. That way I got tax benefits and reward points.

Anyway, I used Clearsight in OKC based on word of mouth from friends. Four people I knew had their eyes done there with great results prior to me using them. I know some may scoff at the eye flap aspect and the cost, but the technology and the staff have a proven track record. I'm normally always looking for the best deal, but this is most definitely a case where you DO get what you pay for. Dr. Wilson and his staff were extremely courteous and did everything possible to make me comfortable. I was super nervous, but everything went great. I went from about 20/400 to about 20/18 or 20/16.

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm between -10.5 and -11.0 on my contact prescription and even with thick corneas I'm told I'm not really a candidate because of my high prescription. I'm a prime candidate for an implantable lens, which sounds pretty good on paper, but very expensive :( Anybody had any experience with that? Because of the cost and ease of LASIK I've yet to find much firsthand info on the ICLs.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
does he refuse to update his photo this was 6 years ago

i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a495_prototraining_a4e4ddd42378ee4a165893a311138a78_zps6129f960.jpg

http://www.clearsight.com/oklahoma/index.htm
i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a495_prototraining_4906e136356b60521c0eb80f1f2c5ab6_zpsb1969a2e.jpg

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was $3790 total. I would gladly pay that again to be able to see as well as I do now! My eye doc in Cherokee will only refer people to TLC. I'm sure there are other good eye surgery centers, but I only have one set. If anyone has been considering it, do it!

Chavezz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We did ours at Omni Eye Center in Edmond, they have a cam set up (or did) so you can watch what going on with your loved ones eye, similar to the link. I don't remember ours taking as long with each eye though, maybe a slightly different procedure or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4kDC4sZ5Jg

When I had mine done at Clearsight they would let whoever was with you stand at the window and watch you have the procedure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom