I made another knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to give a special thanks to Warrior45, without him giving me the materials to make this it would not have happened. So again Warrior, thanks.

The blade is 1/4'' 6150 steel. The handle is G11. I still have only the most basic of metal working tools so it is a bit rough around the edges. I shaped the blade entirely with a hand held grinder and a bench grinder, and I worked the handle material to it's shape with the hand held grinder. I used a triangle file to cut the grooves on the back of the blade as a thumb grip. I spent about 20 hours on this one. I am proud of the way it turned out inspite of my lack of tools. I am not sure how tough it actually is but I don't think I will ever use it for anything. I will probably just keep it in a drawer until I have a son old enough to not kill himself with it and give it to him. If you have ever wanted to try something like this I would recomend it. I know I havn't been making show pieces but just having something like a knife you can give your kids one day and you made the whole thing yourself just makes you feel more like a man.

[Broken External Image]

ai957.photobucket.com_albums_ae59_twssosa_knife007.jpg

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom