I messed something up! Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't ever shoot a Walther OSP/GSP, you just might want to throw away that 41. Not knocking the 41 at all, and the Walthers are specialized target guns. Those triggers can spoil ya!!!!!

I'd love to get to play with one, but I've never seen one outside of a glass case :violin: They had one in H&H the one and only time I've been in there, I would have probably bought it if I had the cash.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
man, I read all these about disassembling and I think about the first time I did mine. it was a PITA. But, then, I actually took the manual out and read it. The dis-assembly tutorial explains it pretty clearly.
Insert empty mag, cycle bolt, pull trigger, remove mag, pull the lock outward then downward (first time or two is stiff), remove mainspring housing/lock, slide barrel assembly forward and upward (first time or two is stiff).
Re-assembly is the reverse.

I can pull mine apart in about 15 seconds. i did it this morning to bring my barrel with me to work.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
I ended up taking it to H&H this morning to have them look at it. $10 and my headache was cured. I think Im going to look into the quick strip kit.

I used to have a Ruger and it is tricky, no question about it.
I would pull the trigger to make sure that the hammer was down, pull the spring assembly lever to get the unit out, push the pin that goes through the upper receiver down. I would use something soft to tap the upper off the frame and done.
On the way back the trick is to make sure that the hammer is in the fired position and that the hammer strut is free to swing. The strut can be caught by a frame pin and not be free to swing. If that happens it means that the hammer is not all the way forward and you need to get it forward by pushing it while pulling the trigger. If you hold the gun muzzle up you will see the hammer strut hanging down.
In that position, if you push the spring assembly pin through the upper and start moving the spring assembly towards the frame, you will see the hammer strut aligning with the spring and you are almost there. The only thing that can interfere with closing the assembly is if the pin is not all the way up in the upper receiver. Push it up till it looks like it used to before the operation and everything will fall in place.
At least that's the way I remember it.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The barrel is screwed in to the upper receiver that contains the serial number, therefore the barrel assembly is legally a gun. I apologize if I wasted your time with this post, something everybody knows.
I know. :D
The barrel on a Tac-Sol upper is the gun. Not screwed in, fixed permanently. So, yeah, I technically carried a gun to work, and I knew it. But it's kind of difficult to shoot when there's no bolt or trigger assembly.
If you've ever experienced a Tac-Sol upper, you'd know that it would even make a good club. Way too light. I could, maybe, poke someone in the eye with it, but that was about the extent of the danger with it alone.

usmc1986

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
I ended up taking it to H&H this morning to have them look at it. $10 and my headache was cured. I think Im going to look into the quick strip kit.

NO NO NO NO NO. Piece of Crap waste of money. I'll post up a link online off of Rimfirecentral's links that shows and describes in detail everything you need to do. Watch the linked video from above. Then strip the danged thing and put it back together at least two more times. Slow down and follow the instructions exactly and the issues are resolved.

I would recommend installing the Clark bushing as it removes the mag safety function, and the need to install/remove the magazine during assembly. Have a friend come over to help you with this. No reason to pay a gunsmith.

Edited to Add link to detailed stripping or break down and reassembly: http://guntalk-online.com/service.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom