I need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent my conceal carry in a few weeks ago. Recently, I was talking about it to my sister and she doesn't see the need for anyone besides police to carry a gun. Can anyone post some links of local crimes besides home invasion crimes that I can show her. She seems to think she lives in Utopia and nothing can happen where we live. She keeps saying that all the bad crimes happen in bad parts of town.

ShadowWarrior

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of the facts you may provide, some will remain in their own Utopia, until something happens to them or ones they personally know! Everyday panderers on NW 10th & 16th, in OKC, are intimidated in forfeiting money. In Yukon, OK, a male pulled a gun on customers leaving a popular store for no apparent reason, wanting to know what they were looking at him, while his accomplice was shoplifting, later to be arrested and finding a arsenal in his vehicle. He was a convicted felon posessing firearms illegally. A man tried to rob another man while pumping fuel on NW 39th in Bethany. A elderly woman that I know, reported a man trying to break into her home.I can go on and on about events taking place that justifies each individual to take charge of their own security. All of the events mentioned above, like most, never make the news. Hopes this helps!

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent my conceal carry in a few weeks ago. Recently, I was talking about it to my sister and she doesn't see the need for anyone besides police to carry a gun. Can anyone post some links of local crimes besides home invasion crimes that I can show her. She seems to think she lives in Utopia and nothing can happen where we live. She keeps saying that all the bad crimes happen in bad parts of town.

Logic does not work with this type of individual.

Rationalization is where they live, so you cannot use verbal reasoning since their belief is rooted in emotion.

For them, they must be victimized before they see the need. Victimization is emotional in nature and directly impacts this type of individual's state of being and finally forces them to confront reality as it is.

Good luck!

Michael Brown

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's unfortunately true that anti-gun liberals are often converted to conservatives who want to protect themselves, one mugging at a time.
Saw it happen often when stationed in Washington, DC.
I call it a lack of reality perception that they cannot grasp the concept that it can happen to ANYONE!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're a member of the NRA and get their monthly magazine or have a friend who is a member, there is a section called "The Armed Citizen" that are clips of news stories across the country.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been through this with some members of my family. It took a very close call to make them see otherwise. No amount of convincing on my part worked until they saw it with their own eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom