I need input on an idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I really want a Knight Armament Masterkey (underbarrel 12g shotgun) but I don't want to pay the $2k for it, or have to completely change my AR again. So I was thinking, if i got a SBS either Rem 870 or Moss 500 and attached some ARMS throwlevers upside down, it would mount on a bottom rail. I have the Daniel Defense 9.0 Lite rail. So I guess my question is, how do you think the rail/mounts would hold up to the recoil? How can I attach the ARMS to the shotgun? Can they be welded or is there a better process someone can recommend? I'm just brainstorming so feel free to throw out any ideas.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think that the recoil would eventualy mess up the mounts where they attach to the shotgun, but I could be wrong. I would not use a Moss 500 as the top mounted safety would be impossible to reach when the weapon is mounted.

IMHO the Masterkey concept looks cool, but is impractical from a weight and handling perspective, but if it is what you want then go for it. Just make sure you get an SBS as you cannot mount an AOW to your rifle.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because the AOW is classified as an AOW because it it does not have a stock and is therefore not shoulder fired. Once you attach the AOW to the AR it now has a stock (the ARs) and would now be an SBS. Knights registers their Masterkeys as SBSs because of this issue.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotcha. I just called the BATFE and couldn't get any answer other than "most poeple start with a SBS". As far as the safety on it, I could go with the Maverick 88 by Mossberg, it has the safety down by the trigger, and I'd be less inclined to care if I screwed up a $180 shotgun.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy necropost batman! I forgot I ever started this thread. No update, things changed, parts changed, no longer interested in this idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom