I need some advice from our older/mature OSA members...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got it! Since she is into family and you liked the idea of a family reunion, set up a plan to play the game "This is your life Mrs. GED". Bring in old friends and family and surprise her as you announce each one. Have them say something from out of sight so she would have to guess who it was and then have them come in. Hugs and kisses all around. She would love you for getting it all set up and bringing in all the people that has touched her life. Then have everyone sit around and enjoy each others company when it is all done. Fun, food and family!

that doesn't really say happy anniversary. more like: you are getting old and we want to do this before you kick the bucket.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would suggest you go to mt rushmore. my mom always wanted to go there with my dad, but he died last year, before they got to go.

from the sounds of it, she doesn't like to do much, or spend much money. frugal. pretty much like my mom is. except my mom cant live w/o her computer, internet and everquest game. along with her smokes.

WRH1234

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn' read through all the pages so forgive me if it's been mentioned already but, does she have a bucket list? You may have to sit down and casually ask...hey...I was thinking here are some things that are on my bucket list...blah blah...what about you? Maybe there is something that she wants to do but really hasn't sat down and thought about it. Good luck and congrats.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I really don't have a good answer for you, and I've been married for 42 1/2 years. It all depends on your wife and what you think she would like.

Now, slightly off topic, but already raised, is their really anyone that has a "Bucket List?" Sorry, I just do and don't worry about lists. Doing lists is like standing in line. Even with my diminishing abiltiy to remember everything, I aint' doin' no lists!

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read a page of replies SO I MIGHT duplicate OR go against what you want. BUT GO to Beavers Lake, right outside Eureka Springs. Beaver Lake Cottages = EXPENSIVE... BUT good restaurants and PERFECT atmosphere, really. We got engaed there and try to go back at least every other year. Pricey but well worth it for an A frame glass front over looking Beavers Lake. You can go to town or nor. But highly reccomend restaurants in town OR the Horizon overlooking the lake with great food. SORRY if this has been mentioned and you can't do it. But that is what we'll do or go to some REALLY expensive city and eat. :-)

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OR buy her a gun and land for you to shoot on! :-)
p.s. U prob already have... Sorry for not knowing anyone.... my fault.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GED... Have you talked to your daughters and Stacey about this yet? That way you can get their take on what momma wants. I know... she'll say "nothing special" but if you want to put on a vow renewal party, you will need their help anyway.

BTW my cousin did this for their 25th and it was FANTASTIC. Her friends surprised her with a pretty lace muumuu and flowers, family supplied all the food, the minister showed up and we had a wedding.

Have you all sat for a professional portrait recently? Grab the girls, the grandbaby, get your gladrags on and get a family portrait for the front room.

I know she isn't a jewelry person, but does she have a Mother ring? You could do a "generations" ring with your and Mrs GED's birthstones on the outer edges, the girls' birthstones in between and the baby's in the center.

Anyway, whatever you do, she knows you love her a bushel and a peck. Congrats on 25 years. We'll be there in 7. :respect:

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my wife's 14th anniversary is tomorrow but 25 years WOW! Congratulations. My buddy just got married this past weekend In Eureka. For their honeymoon they rented a pontoon boat an lake Taneycomo and invited friends and family to enjoy the day with them. The next few days were spent around Branson (Silver dollar City, Music shows, etc.). They had a really good time and it didn't cost them a whole lot.

I was going to say a 25yr anniversary Glock but I noticed in one of your posts that she's not really into guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom