I need some advice from our older/mature OSA members...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what you describe, maybe a large family gathering would be in order. Gather the kids and grandkids and anyone else...eat, talk, laugh, and play all day. Throw in a vow renewal.

Maybe you and the kids/grandkids can put a family scrapbook together and have everyone write a note to include in it....expressing their memories and thoughts regarding y'all's 25 years together, and wishes for many more. Give it to her at the gathering.

I like this ^.
And the theme for the day should be Mrs. GED and how who she is and what she's done has helped make all that you share on that special day, and every day possible.
Think about the things you said on this forum about her, then tell her, ( maybe write it like someone else suggested ) how it made you feel, ( lucky, proud, blessed, etc.). Tell her how it feels to know she's there.
As for a gift look for something that will change something in her life and make it better on a regular basis, is there a sun shade on that lawn tractor?, a new mattress can do wonders, does she sleep good? Anything that makes her housework/cleaning easier or quicker is a possibility.
Regardless of any gift you give her if it's in your heart tell her that any gifts pale in comparison to what's she's given you for the last 25 years.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, here is my opinion for what it is worth. Keep in mind I am only 30 and have been married to my wife since March.

I really like SMS' idea. Recreating/recommitting your vows to your wife would probably mean a great deal to your wife. Here is what I might look in to.

Where did you get married? If it is close by or can recreate the atmoshpere do that. Like it was said, make sure to get your kids involved, but if you can keep as much of it as a suprise. Take a lot of your family and friends photographs of you and your wife and have someone make them into a DVD set to music that you can play at the rehearsal/after party. If she likes BBQ then see if a friend can hook you up and cook at the stuff. Have it on a friday evening or night and if you wanted you could take her to the hotel that she likes so much that night or the next.

Please let us know if you need any help setting anything up when you decide what you are going to do.

And CONGRATS on the 25 years!!! Here's to the next 25.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to throw some things out in direct response to some statements you make.

She loves TV shows like The Waltons, Andy Griffith, The Beverly Hillbillies and Dr. Quinn. She's a John Wayne fan but hates Clint Eastwood. She loves Elvis movies but not his music so much. She thinks Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott are the two most handsome men in exsistence but only if their dirty and filthy. :screwy:
Ones that are still alive, set up a Meet & Greet. Could run around $750.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/feb/22/meet-greet-itll-cost-you/

She loves to cook but rarely finds time for it.
Maybe a cool cooking class with her and the daughters?

She's kind of opinionated, but bases her beliefs on the Bible. If it's in the scriptures, it is law. Period.
A big, personalized family Bible sounds like something she might like.

One thing I see is that we are tending to focus on her. This isn't her birthday, it's the celebration of your obviously awesome marriage!
Maybe you should take a photo of the two of you and have it carved into wood, or have a tapestry made from the photo.

Maybe a tapestry with religious significance would be good. Lots of things to consider.

Latest posts

Top Bottom