I need some long johns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Layers are certainly the key. Cotton kills is the word on the street among those that know about cold weather gear.
I wear marino wool everywhere I can, but the long john stuff has certainly gone high tech.

I have a good pair of merino wool long johns. They fit under jeans or hunting trousers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought them from Cabelas during the 1980s..... Your question is going to have me looking for where to get more. LOL

This is the same company that was making them back when I got mine. They are not scratchy, either.
edaff3c40053996abe9093a894a61754.jpg

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Merino is the way to go. They do make full union suits in merino. I can say with experience, they keep you super warm on a cold day, provided you're sporting a thin but dense windproof fleece top layer.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Merino is the way to go. They do make full union suits in merino. I can say with experience, they keep you super warm on a cold day, provided you're sporting a thin but dense windproof fleece top layer.

I advise staying with 100% Merino Wool rather than a Merino Wool Blend as the added wool is likely to make the material irritating. However, I would choose the blended wool over cotton or polypropylene.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wool socks for years. My feet used to get really cold in insulated boots. Learned to buy big on boot size to get some air space.
I advise staying with 100% Merino Wool rather than a Merino Wool Blend as the added wool is likely to make the material irritating. However, I would choose the blended wool over cotton or polypropylene.....

I thought Merino wool was a blend. My socks are?

Latest posts

Top Bottom