I need some long johns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a few pairs of Icebreaker merino tights. A 200 weight and a thicker 240 weight. Never a problem in the cold. My shirts are a bit more pedestrian being polyester Under Armor, but their cold gear Infrared with the heat reflective threads works pretty damn good.

I wear them both running, biking, and hiking. several years old and still holding up perfect. Quite durable.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Merino wool was a blend. My socks are?

Merino is the style of wool; the sheep it's sheared from are Merino Sheep. you can get it 100%, or blended with other ( typically cheaper, less fine/soft) wool, or blended with poly fibers like lycra or polyester.

Dennis your problem wasn't you got got a Millennial at Academy. You just got some retail drone who didn't know what they were doing. You can find that at any age.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Merino is the style of wool; the sheep it's sheared from are Merino Sheep. you can get it 100%, or blended with other ( typically cheaper, less fine/soft) wool, or blended with poly fibers like lycra or polyester.

Dennis your problem wasn't you got got a Millennial at Academy. You just got some retail drone who didn't know what they were doing. You can find that at any age.
I can't argue your point about the drone.
As far as the wool harvested from Merino Sheep, I learn something from this forum every day, and this day is no different. Thanks!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smartwool are the best socks I've ever bought. Wolverine has some that have the same percentage of wool in the blend. They aren't bad and certainly cheaper but the Smartwool are super soft. Amazon is where I get them.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pastry_longjohn__48137.1428341710.600.600.jpg

Couple dozen and your butt will stay warm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom