I need some opinions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out of all the revolvers listed, IMHO you would be trading down from the 66. The 686 is a big and heavy revolver. As far as the Colt, it is a excellent gun and worth somewhere between $900-$1000 depending on the condition. So to sum it up.lol Keep the 66 and buy the Colt.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO, you'll be sorry you let the 66 go. Keep saving, wait a bit longer and buy the next one outright. That pinned and recessed 66 is one fine revolver.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know yet.
I do REALLY like my Model 66, but there's just somethin' 'bout it that irks me to no end.
I've never really been that big of a revolver guy, but every once in a while I'll get the urge to do things with revolvers.
Because with this, I'm actually either wanted the H&K VP9 or the Walther PPQ M2.
My next revolver will probably be a J frame size revolver, like a 642, 649, 60, 442, 340PD, 638, 637, Ruger LCRx (3in), Ruger SP101 (2 1/4in), Charter Arms Pitbull (.40S&W).
I mean, ya' I'll miss it, but I'll have two pistols I've wanted for a long while now.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If there is one thing OSA can guarantee its an abundance of opinions... So I see it like this... both guns are old ass systems...the Smith holds 6 rounds of 357.. the commander 7 or 8 rounds of 45ACP... what are you really trading for other then brown hair with blue eyes.. or blond hair with hazel eyes.. The revolver is is a simple hard to mess up system...how many times have you seen a S&W revolver not fire.... how many times have you seen a 1911 short stroke stove pipe or feed fail? your trading reliability and 6 shots.. for for a slower round with one or two extra shots.... modern autos however may offer something worth considering that is double stack...high cap mags...With a modern auto you may have something to consider..

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I got rid of the Smith and got $550, plus I had already like $70.
Me and my dad got on Gunbroker.com and looked around and around about different things.
We've looked up the HK VP9, HK P30, FNX-45, M&P45 (5 inch), and a M&P40 CORE (4.25 inch).
I ended up gettin' the M&P40 C.O.R.E., I've very pleased with my Shield so I bet this'll be perfect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom