I Need Some Where To Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootemdead

New to the site!
Reaction score
HEY IM NEW ON THIS SITE MAYBE I CAN GET SOME HELP IVE BEEN HUNTING SINCE I WAS 7 years old and have hunted hard taking pride in what it takes to harvest a nice white tail, mule deer, or bird .I live in western oklahoma . and have contacted the land owner witch i have hunted for 10 yrs and due to trespassers,,,"retards" he is no longer letting me hunt so if any one knows where i can take a few deer this year i would appreciate it.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HEY IM NEW ON THIS SITE MAYBE I CAN GET SOME HELP IVE BEEN HUNTING SINCE I WAS 7 years old and have hunted hard taking pride in what it takes to harvest a nice white tail, mule deer, or bird .I live in western oklahoma . and have contacted the land owner witch i have hunted for 10 yrs and due to trespassers,,,"retards" he is no longer letting me hunt so if any one knows where i can take a few deer this year i would appreciate it.

Check out http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/

They have maps to just about every WMA in the state. You can even build your own custom map for the areas you like. No guarantee you'll pull something out, but at least you know where you can go. Good luck. Sorry about your landowner. That's the worst....

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Here is what I would do in this situation. Seems as though said land owner has some trust in you by letting you hunt is property for ten years. I would go and ask to have a chat with him. Talk to him about the tresspassing and find out his immediate concerns with the WHOLE situation. Ask him if there is anything you can do to help him with even buying "No Tresspassing" signs and you installing them around his land. Ask to help out with any fencing repairs. Any general work or maintenance around the land. Cutting cedar trees, land clearing or any type of work or management around his land you can help with. Even if the work is needed after hunting season. Show him you are willing to do what ever is necessary year round. Show him you are responsible and that you care about the property as much as he does.

I have heard many stories that it is easier to regain the trust of a land owner that has become soured to hunters than to find new places to hunt. Better you try to convince him to let you hunt there again than to have another well mannered hunter who cares about his land convince him to let him hunt in a year or two. Gotta be a salesman about it. Not a "Used Car" type but sincere about your intentions to help change his distain for hunters and be sure to do all and more what you say you are going to do.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say "I will help you repair fences, etc. in order to hunt this year" either... offer to give the work in order to hunt NEXT year. That will show whether or not you are serious and will actually do the work.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is what I would do in this situation. Seems as though said land owner has some trust in you by letting you hunt is property for ten years. I would go and ask to have a chat with him. Talk to him about the tresspassing and find out his immediate concerns with the WHOLE situation. Ask him if there is anything you can do to help him with even buying "No Tresspassing" signs and you installing them around his land. Ask to help out with any fencing repairs. Any general work or maintenance around the land. Cutting cedar trees, land clearing or any type of work or management around his land you can help with. Even if the work is needed after hunting season. Show him you are willing to do what ever is necessary year round. Show him you are responsible and that you care about the property as much as he does.

I have heard many stories that it is easier to regain the trust of a land owner that has become soured to hunters than to find new places to hunt. Better you try to convince him to let you hunt there again than to have another well mannered hunter who cares about his land convince him to let him hunt in a year or two. Gotta be a salesman about it. Not a "Used Car" type but sincere about your intentions to help change his distain for hunters and be sure to do all and more what you say you are going to do.

Killer advice. It's true, once you find a land owner who will trust you, hold onto them like a stinkin diamond!

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is so true. We lost our hunting land after 25 successful years, but the guys to the south and another to the east knew us and when we asked, they said yes. Since then, we have put tin on barns, worked every food plot with our own equipment/seed/gas, made fence repairs without asking, give them back venison jerky and sticks, give them smoked ribs/brisket/bologna/chickens when we smoke and help them work their cattle.

Now we can hunt on 3 times the amount of land that we used to and in my opinion the land is better hunting. Just goes to show that when you do good and people know about it, you can reap the benefits!

Good luck!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say "I will help you repair fences, etc. in order to hunt this year" either... offer to give the work in order to hunt NEXT year. That will show whether or not you are serious and will actually do the work.

Like I said above, you need to be a Salesman about it. Gotta sell yourself to keep his mind at peace that you are a responsible hunter and quite frankly striking up a budding friendship rather than just a guy who used to hunt his land and didn't do much else to better the property.

Keep in mind that at some point early on you do need to be clear that you care about his land and that by you showing your hardwork or dedication you hope to be able to hunt his property. Otherwise you may put in a lot of effort for not.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are all blessed to live in a great state which has some fantastic public WMAs. I cherish every moment I get to hunt them even though it isn't as easy as it is on private or leased land. Take advantage of what is available and hunt safe & smart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom