I need to upgrade my upland shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Good call..............never even thought about suggesting. That's what my daughter shoots............and sleeps with in the field lol.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20150411_065423_zpsrjuyzghm.jpg

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love bird hunting and when I used a 20 gauge and would miss I always thought "if I would have had my 12 gauge that bird wouldn't have flown away". The higher powered 20 gauge shells are about triple the price of cheap 12 gauge ammo for the same amount of power and they make a lot of light 12 gauge guns now. But I have owned over 100 guns and the one I miss the most was my CZ Ringneck side by side 20 gauge with single trigger and 28" barrels.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love bird hunting and when I used a 20 gauge and would miss I always thought "if I would have had my 12 gauge that bird wouldn't have flown away". The higher powered 20 gauge shells are about triple the price of cheap 12 gauge ammo for the same amount of power and they make a lot of light 12 gauge guns now. But I have owned over 100 guns and the one I miss the most was my CZ Ringneck side by side 20 gauge with single trigger and 28" barrels.

The price of ammo should be much of a problem, as I use expensive 12ga to hunt with. And I recently found a big stockpile of 20ga upland shells that I had laying around, I shouldn't need hunting shells for a while.

I would suggest an SX3 as well. CDNN has even had them in the past for around $700. I have had mine since 2009 and never had any problems.

CDNN?

I looked at them online, and I like what I see. Now I just need to go hold one and see what I can find. And at that price point that allows me to have money for other toys laying around.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Franchi, Benneli, and Berreta are all part of the same company. Stoeger is also. You can get a Stoeger 3500 semi auto with the same inertia action as the more expesive brands you named for less $$$. Some of the accessories will fit the Stoegers such as extended magazine tubes. I have no hands on experience with any of those guns but I have read about them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom