I need your recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She can get a Maine Non-resident permit at 18 and OK will honor it. I would also suggest trying a few other pistols. Let her try something other than just revolvers, and if you go 351PD, have that hammer bobbed. Nothing against revolves, as I have a handful in my carry rotation including a 642, but there are a few semi autos that might fit her better.
I also have a Glock 43 and Sig 238 if she prefers, but my thought process is the same as perfor8. I don’t want her to have to worry about inadvertently hitting the mag release or having some sort of jam. A j frame of any flavor is pretty much idiot/novice proof.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever pepper spray you get, try to get something with >.6% Major capsaicinoids. Most “tasers” are glorified cattle prods. Ideally, get her a 3-3.5” fixed blade and get her a handful of Kali (Sayoc is all blade) classes.
Good thinking! A self defense knife is a great idea too. If things are up close and personal/being grabbed etc a knife is just the ticket.

I took a martial art class that went over basic knife techniques. It doesn’t take much skill or strength to be devastating with a blade. Get them in the hands/arms/legs it’ll take the fight out of ‘em real quick

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread, as my daughter will be starting college soon as well. Hate that you have a "reason" to ask these questions @Catt57 , but looks like there is lots of advice here for you, me and others at least!

Latest posts

Top Bottom