I think sports are becoming more dangerous for fans than players!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I were watching the news tonight and they showed the clip of a fan at a Texas Rangers game tonight, who was calling out to a player on the field. The player in a nice gesture threw a ball to the fan. The fan reached out to catch the ball and fell 20ft behind a scoreboard and later died at the hospital.

To make the story even crazier. I looked up the story to get more info and several things came up. The story about tonights game, and another story about a very similar situation at the Rangers stadium exactly a year ago to the day in 2010. Except this guy actually lived.

tonights game: http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/vid...fter-fall-trying-catch-foul-ball-2812058.html

last years game (look at the date): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/07/rangers-fan-falls-from-se_n_637299.html

I told my wife, someone is going to sue the pants off the Rangers soon. this is the second time and they have obvious areas that need to be secured from the public.

This is just wild and scary. Good thing i'm too lazy to go to a game, worst thing I have to worry about is stepping on my daughters legos while watching the game.

(But hey if you have ever stepped on one, they F@%!*?# hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah I agree buddy. I have'nt been to one in a couple years. funny thing is, the last game I went to was a Rangers game in arlington. I am just so glad it was too hot and I am too fat and lazy to try to catch a ball that I would just try to pawn off on OSA for an insanely high price. Oh well. I agree though, I will be praying for them as well.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very tragic story. I know grabbing a ball for your kid is great, but if it is too far out of reach, let it go. Your kid needs a dad more than a ball from a baseball game. It still amazes me when I see people acting like animals in the stands just to get a foul ball. It's a wonder more people aren't hurt at games.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very tragic story. I know grabbing a ball for your kid is great, but if it is too far out of reach, let it go. Your kid needs a dad more than a ball from a baseball game. It still amazes me when I see people acting like animals in the stands just to get a foul ball. It's a wonder more people aren't hurt at games.

+1
Call me a heartless bastard but IMO common sense is pretty uncommon sometimes and this is an example.

romeo212000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You would be amazed how much I was blasted for posting the same sentiment on the rangers message board on ESPN. It's tragic for sure but it was the result of a poor choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom