I Nearly Lost It On FaceBook.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So you're stating the right to defend and express yourself aren't god given inalienable rights?

in·al·ien·a·ble
/inˈālēənəbəl/
Adjective
Unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor: "inalienable human rights".

Are they universal? can someone in North Korea say whatever he/she wishes without repercussions? Can a woman in some middle eastern countries use force to stop a man from raping her, no. If they've been taken away or denied then they obviously aren't inalienable.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in·al·ien·a·ble
/inˈālēənəbəl/
Adjective
Unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor: "inalienable human rights".

Are they universal? can someone in North Korea say whatever he/she wishes without repercussions? Can a woman in some middle eastern countries use force to stop a man from raping her, no. If they've been taken away or denied then they obviously aren't inalienable.

Circling beyond the point is not considered debate. Make a point my friend. If our values are held so dear for the value of our collective lives, is it not hypocritical to hold different standards of humans based entirely on a man made citizen card. I guess everyone has that "elitist" card in their pocket

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Circling beyond the point is not considered debate. Make a point my friend. If our values are held so dear for the value of our collective lives, is it not hypocritical to hold different standards of humans based entirely on a man made citizen card. I guess everyone has that "elitist" card in their pocket
I'm with TFF on this one point. We shouldn't be doing this stuff to anyone.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm with TFF on this one point. We shouldn't be doing this stuff to anyone.
agreed, I never said it was what we SHOULD be doing

It's completely hypocritical, and in a perfect world it wouldn't be that way, but that's the way it is. We (the govt) obviously don't care about the life, liberty, or the property of people in other countries. We take their oil (property), we have lots of civilian casualties (life), and we imprison and impose forms of government on them(liberty). Our Declaration of Independance may say that all men are created equal, but the only rights that our Government is responsible to protect are those of its citizens(god-given or otherwise). So yea, in the eyes of our/any government the lives of its citizens outweigh the lives of noncitizens (again not saying I agree). That's why our officials are okay with decimating entire foreign villages in order to take out one guy, but wouldn't have dared to takeout Watertown.

Isn't that why everyone wanted to come to the US, because of all the freedoms and protections from the government that we enjoy?

I wouldn't necessarily call my noticing of this elitist, but idk. Opinions may vary

Latest posts

Top Bottom