I Nearly Lost It On FaceBook.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You folks are really paranoid. Lets put it this way and maybe you will understand. Waco was wrong because while the people there were nutjobs, they were not an immediate threat to anyone. The government coming to your home and searching without a warrant is wrong no matter how out there you guys sound because you are not an immediate threat to anyone except yourselves. Now if you start setting off bombs and shooting people you go from being paranoid to being a threat to innocents, then they can and should search for you.

And no matter how you guys try to spin it, there is a big difference between being a dissident and a terrorist, and his being 19 years old changes nothing. I know some very well trained 19 year olds in the military.

I think the question people are trying to raise is there is a big difference between surrendering your rights and having your rights taken. I guarantee you 99% of the people would surrender their 4th amendment rights in the Boston situation with or without a gun pointed in their face. I would be in that 99% myself. But the issue at hand is that many of the videos listed in this thread, don't show people being asked to surrender their rights, they are videos of their rights being taken. Law's are written to help avoid situational ethics.

This might be one of the greatest examples of situational ethics you will ever find.

The reality is regardless of how you "feel" about a constitutional right, its either in effect or it's being ignored. There is no half on, or half off.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You folks are really paranoid. Lets put it this way and maybe you will understand. Waco was wrong because while the people there were nutjobs, they were not an immediate threat to anyone. The government coming to your home and searching without a warrant is wrong no matter how out there you guys sound because you are not an immediate threat to anyone except yourselves. Now if you start setting off bombs and shooting people you go from being paranoid to being a threat to innocents, then they can and should search for you.

And no matter how you guys try to spin it, there is a big difference between being a dissident and a terrorist, and his being 19 years old changes nothing. I know some very well trained 19 year olds in the military.

Just like the libtards think you're paranoid for even owning weapons. Does it make you feel warm and fuzzy inside to know several thousand paramilitaries are ready to violate your rights for your safety?
People like you are the problem: members in our own community that are willing to let go of rights for safety, instead of realizing only you can protect yourself. The policemen aren't there for that.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am guessing no one read what CODE 3 posted.

If you are talking about exigent circumstances I can't see how it applies to house to house searches. If they had a certain area nailed down to a few blocks maybe. But it's pretty clear that it wasn't the case for a good number of them and a good amount of time.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are talking about exigent circumstances I can't see how it applies to house to house searches. If they had a certain area nailed down to a few blocks maybe. But it's pretty clear that it wasn't the case for a good number of them and a good amount of time.

To each their own

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Exactly they were just stumbling form house to house. They had no reason to do this. And what proves it is that they didn't even find them. Turns out thousands of citizens active and looking out were better than thousands of LEOs violating rights.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just watched the videos and I have a real problem with this. This wasnt a simple knock on the door and "mind of we look around for a bomber", that would be ok with me. These people were forcibly removed from their homes at gunpoint, then each patted down as they left their own home. If this would have been here, how many of us would have been thrown on the ground when it was discovered we were legally carrying a firearm?

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly they were just stumbling form house to house. They had no reason to do this. And what proves it is that they didn't even find them. Turns out thousands of citizens active and looking out were better than thousands of LEOs violating rights.

You mean 1 citizen.

Sparky2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Paranoid? Nope.... but I have removed my blinders. It's amazing how much more you can see... I highly recommend it.

It sounds like you get it... pretty much. What happened was wrong, and it would appear that you agree: (" The government coming to your home and searching without a warrant is wrong")

(" if you start setting off bombs and shooting people you go from being paranoid to being a threat to innocents, then they can and should search for you")
YES... but within the realm of the constitution and it's loopholes (and the best loophole here is probable cause, which they did not have for each individual home).

What happened happened and no matter how screwed up we may or may not think it may be is irrelevant (can't fix it now).
What is relevant to me is that some screwed up stuff occurred and those people were wronged, and if it could happen to them, it could happen to us.
If this isn't realized and resistance established (through discussion, lawsuits, or otherwise), it could happen here too.
The crazy thing about the constitution is that it's an all or nothing document. One thing protects or affords the other....

If this is what makes me "paranoid" by your standards.... I'll wear that with pride, though I'd use a different word.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To each their own

Care to explain how it's constitutionally kosher? I promise that I'm not one of those sovereign citizen types. Many of my friends are current and former LEO from multiple agencies all the way up to federal level. I really am on their side but I can't see how what I saw and heard described by multiple accounts in the video I posted is kosher. :scratch:

Latest posts

Top Bottom