I Nearly Lost It On FaceBook.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using this clip from The Seige on several FB posts. It was a great movie when it came out just from an entertainment side of things, but its becoming a pretty good foreshadowing device.

Glad you shared this. It was the very first thing that popped in my head while reading the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hindsight always being 20/20... What if this turrible unjustification of these fourth amendment rights, this wanted loser was found in the third house... What would the reaction be?

Seems like we could play "what if" all day long, but the facts are what they are: there was an unjustified use of force used on the residents of Watertown. The police didn't find the kid - a citizen did. And there are plenty of pics on the net showing people being ordered out of their houses at gunpoint by heavily armed cops in combat gear - citizens that are guilty of nothing other than "sheltering in place" as was recommended....and as was supposedly "voluntary". To excuse this for the better good or making excuses that "maybe a judge signed off on it" or "maybe there were some tips" is conceding and legitimizing the erosion of our rights. Sounds like the gun-grabbers "What if a child was to get a hold of your gun?" There's always a "what if" - but that shouldn't justify rolling over and giving up our rights. Why are people so steadfast with the 2nd Amendment, yet allow wiggle room on many of the others, depending on the situation?

What if we'd have killed student visas a long time ago, and the two terrorists would never have been here in the first place?

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Police do not come in my home without a warrant, period, unless they are using force which case we will settle it in court. I will fully cooperate with questions through the door or step outside and talk.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
wasn't the suspect found outside the search grid? If the citizen hadn't found him, would they have expanded the search grid?
Would you be okay with them searching every home in Boston? What if he had been on the run for days? Would you be as forgiving of suspension of the 4th if they needed to search you home here in Oklahoma, after all we are searching for a t-t-t-t-terrorist:scream:
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." -MLK

michaelnc4444

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fundamental issue is this, storming peoples homes with loaded weapons is not legal. It violates the Constitution and goes against all of our natural rights. Your, or anyone's justifications of the actions of the LEO's of Boston scare the **** outta me. You are saying quite clearly, "my freedoms mean nothing, and neither do yours". There is never a good reason to forgo a person's rights. NEVER! If you can't do what is needed within the boundaries of the law, then it should not be done. If you disagree, well, you're wrong.
I am not sure you can wrap your mind around it because you seem to be avoiding looking at anything but the worst. Do you know if someone called in a tip or if there was maybe a reason the cops thought he might be in there? Do you know if every house was searched like that or was it only selected houses? If so how where they selected? By tips maybe? If there was a tip, should the cops have ignored it?

And I am not sure there is any help for you. :D :D :D

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The fundamental issue is this, storming peoples homes with loaded weapons is not legal. It violates the Constitution and goes against all of our natural rights. Your, or anyone's justifications of the actions of the LEO's of Boston scare the **** outta me. You are saying quite clearly, "my freedoms mean nothing, and neither do yours". There is never a good reason to forgo a person's rights. NEVER! If you can't do what is needed within the boundaries of the law, then it should not be done. If you disagree, well, you're wrong.
:thumbup3::thanku:

Latest posts

Top Bottom