I won the lottery!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I was told anyway.
Out shooting with a friend and he told me his daughter and their friends would be joining us later on.

They did and I shared some of my guns with them to shoot.
I had a 200 yard steel plate set up and they were all having a great time ringing it with my .308.

Many of these people never shot a rifle before.
I went through the drill of showing them how the trigger works and how to get a good cheek weld etc etc.

I got out my 45 Hi-Point pistol and my Taurus PT1911 in 45 ACP also and had one person shoot it along with the Hi-Point and she liked the Hi-Point better.

I then began shooting close in steel plate with the HI-Point at swinging targets and orange clays placed on a berm.

Here is the lotto ticket I drew.
I got froggy and wanted to shoot the steel plate with the 45 acp at 200 yards.
Everyone stopped and one person said said are you sure?
Yep I think I can hit it as good as I can hit the close targets.

First shot range the steel plate.
More of a thumpy ring than a loud rifle ring though.
Hit it and handed the 45 to someone else to try as I am not stupid enough to take a second shot. :)

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle told a story when he was a kid, he and some of his buddies were at the dump ground shooting .22's. One of them dared him to shoot a dime out of the air. So my uncle told him to toss it in the air, and he thought he could hit it.

so the other kid tossed it up, and my uncle said they found the dime, and just by pure dumb luck he had shot a hole right through the middle of it. Everyone, including my uncle, were astonished but he played it cool, like it was exactly what he meant to do. They challenged him to do it again, but he just said naw, I got nothin' left to prove. :rollingla

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of the time I shot a sparrow at around 150' with a .22 and my friend who was with me didn't believe me. I searched high and lw for that bird and finally found it but it was sheer luck I hit it.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice!

About ten years ago when my eyes were better, I went to Thunderbird Range with a couple of young bucks to send some ammo down range. There was a clay pigeon on the fifty yard berm so I said let's see who can hit that first. We all had 9mm pistols. One was a Kahr, One was a Glock 19, and mine was my M&P Compact.

Well those two young fellers emptied their mags at the target before I took a shot. I asked them if they were through and then proceeded to bust the clay pigeon on the first shot. They were impressed and I was a little surprised but not too much because I just couldn't hardly miss with that pistol.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I was told anyway.
Out shooting with a friend and he told me his daughter and their friends would be joining us later on.

They did and I shared some of my guns with them to shoot.
I had a 200 yard steel plate set up and they were all having a great time ringing it with my .308.

Many of these people never shot a rifle before.
I went through the drill of showing them how the trigger works and how to get a good cheek weld etc etc.

I got out my 45 Hi-Point pistol and my Taurus PT1911 in 45 ACP also and had one person shoot it along with the Hi-Point and she liked the Hi-Point better.

I then began shooting close in steel plate with the HI-Point at swinging targets and orange clays placed on a berm.

Here is the lotto ticket I drew.
I got froggy and wanted to shoot the steel plate with the 45 acp at 200 yards.
Everyone stopped and one person said said are you sure?
Yep I think I can hit it as good as I can hit the close targets.

First shot range the steel plate.
More of a thumpy ring than a loud rifle ring though.
Hit it and handed the 45 to someone else to try as I am not stupid enough to take a second shot.
:)
Man aren't moments like those priceless!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
8" x 12" painted yellow.

I did go hunting yesterday and seen 4 deer 2 dead on the side of the road there and 2 live on the side of the road eating grass on the way home
at 8:30 pm.

I did also stumble upon an old blade I had shot years ago that got just a tiny scrape on it from a rifle.
I think I will fetch it home in a few days and cut it and make 4" wide targets from it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom