Ichthys knife's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
O I get it. I'm not that talented yet but just hand sanding the handle is something I can get lost in.
Exactly. I doubt I've made more than 40 or 50 knives and my talents are probably below the national average, especially since "Forged In Fire" inspired a huge number of new knifemakers, but that doesn't keep me awake nights because every knife I've made was an enjoyable learning experience, even the screwups. I've given away most of them to family members and friends except for a dozen or so. I need to get busy and make a few more now that winter is here and forging is less sweaty. Building tools I couldn't afford to buy - like a homebrew 2x72 belt grinder - has also been enjoyable. It's a hobby, it's supposed to be fun.

Attachments

• homebrew 2x72 grinder.JPG
    homebrew 2x72 grinder.JPG
    350.7 KB · Views: 0

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@geezer77 yes, beautiful work. I was just trying to be humorous. Wish.com is cheap Chinese version of Amazon. J/k = just kidding in my post. Had no idea they were your initials.

Those are gorgeous pieces y’all are doing despite me being a smartbutt, I really like them.
Thank you, Sir. I've turned down some offers here and there because as soon as I start selling these I'm suddenly an employee again, and automatically obligated to create something that pleases the customer instead of me. Another benefit is my warranty return and complaint rates are very low. :) :)

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should apologize to Snipe for hijacking his thread, he is doing some very pretty work, and I especially like the partially as-forged finish of the blades, which enhances the old-school look. I need to experiment with some of that myself. BTW, as a constructive comment, that's the type of knife and sheath that cries out for lacing vice sewing, to complete the old school look. The bright white evenly spaced sewing is nicely done, but it hits my eye like having colonial and Ikea furniture in the same room. Here's an example of what I mean:

Attachments

• mexican double lace.JPG
    mexican double lace.JPG
    489.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should apologize to Snipe for hijacking his thread, he is doing some very pretty work, and I especially like the partially as-forged finish of the blades, which enhances the old-school look. I need to experiment with some of that myself. BTW, as a constructive comment, that's the type of knife and sheath that cries out for lacing vice sewing, to complete the old school look. The bright white evenly spaced sewing is nicely done, but it hits my eye like having colonial and Ikea furniture in the same room. Here's an example of what I mean:
I'll have to look into that on the next one

Latest posts

Top Bottom