If not one thing it is another.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well my luck is holding. :censored:

Wife spent a couple hours waiting on a tow truck to get her home. Car had been having trouble starting, had it checked, battery was weak. Had a new battery put in it yesterday. Broke down today. At least she had it towed to the house.

Now I have to put an alternator in it. Luckily Autozone delivers. It is to be delivered tomorrow and I get to see if I can still install one. :P

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happened to my MIL yesterday. She’s 74. Called me and said all the lights on the dash came on and she coasted into OReilly’s. She said they told her it could be her battery or alternator. I went up there and we took a look under the hood. I asked her “When did your fan belt come off?”…..

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happened to my MIL yesterday. She’s 74. Called me and said all the lights on the dash came on and she coasted into OReilly’s. She said they told her it could be her battery or alternator. I went up there and we took a look under the hood. I asked her “When did you fan belt come off?”…..
Yep the wife is 72, but at least the belt is on.

Luckily it looks like an easy change. The alternator is mounted on top instead of down a ways. That means I do not have to bend over as far which cuts off my O2. I have it on a charger right now so in the morning I should be able to pull it into the garage. Then it all depends on what time they bring the replacement. Should not take me over an hour unless I have lost my touch completely.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well my luck is holding. :censored:

Wife spent a couple hours waiting on a tow truck to get her home. Car had been having trouble starting, had it checked, battery was weak. Had a new battery put in it yesterday. Broke down today. At least she had it towed to the house.

Now I have to put an alternator in it. Luckily Autozone delivers. It is to be delivered tomorrow and I get to see if I can still install one. :P
Hang in there RickN.....it seems that when it rains it pours in your world.....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck, just don't overdo it. It'll still be there the next day if necessary. ;)
:drunk2:
___
Yes I know, but we really need the car running. Besides I need to get it done so I can finish painting the kitchen ceiling, then start trimming shrubs. No rest for the wicked. :P But as long as I can, I will keep on fighting.

Fight.jpg

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That really sucks! When I had my 88 mercury cougar back in 2008 my alternator was on its way out, one of the diodes went bad, well I drove it around for a couple months like that, well one night I was on my way to work and the voltage regulator died. So, my car ran off the battery til it died. I didn't make it to work, had to pay for a tow, and a new alternator the next day. And I had to pawn my garand to pay for it. So, I have been there before.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That really sucks! When I had my 88 mercury cougar back in 2008 my alternator was on its way out, one of the diodes went bad, well I drove it around for a couple months like that, well one night I was on my way to work and the voltage regulator died. So, my car ran off the battery til it died. I didn't make it to work, had to pay for a tow, and a new alternator the next day. And I had to pawn my garand to pay for it. So, I have been there before.
I drove home once on a bad alternator. We would charge the battery, off another car, drive it until it died, then charge it again That took a very long time to get home. Didn’t have to pay for a tow truck though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom