If you could pick one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benelli

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A non-shooting friend of mine may inherit ONE of the following three rifles. He may not have a choice, but he asked me which one I would take if I were given the option to pick. They are:

1) Winchester 1894 Buffalo Bill Commemorative Carbine (.30-30)

2) Winchester 1894 Buffalo Bill Commermoratie Rifle (.30-30)

3) Savage 1895, 75th Anniversary Edition (.308)

Okshooters-which one would you take? What is your decision calculus?

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just look at them. Pick which one you like. Its a personal decision. I probably wouldn't base it on cal. (just me). I wouldn't be shooting a commemorative. I would buy a box of ammo to go with it, and they would site in their boxes. Like I said thats me though. If i was buying a rifle to shoot, i wouldn't be shooting a commemorative.
Thanks
daddy-o

Lucas McCain

Marksman
Reaction score
I would take #2 because I have a bunch of 30-30 ammo and i'm a sucker for 30-30's and wouldlook good with my other lever 30-30's. Either of those would be cool to own though.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if he plans on actually shooting these commemoratives or not. Most don't. There's nothing really special about the Buffalo Bill editions other than the finishes. For that reason, I'd probably select the Savage.

I've seen prices on the Savage ranging from around $700.00 to over $2,000.00. The Winchesters are worth around 800.00.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which ever one I could sell for the most.
I'm not a big fan of "Commemorative" wall hangers.
I've been stuck with one for years.
Dang thing is like a bad mother-in-law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom