If you don't like mitt, here's something to consider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election….

“…..if Mitt wins the nomination, as seems very likely, I will enthusiastically support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I’d just ask you to keep four things in mind:
1.. Justice Scalia just turned 78
2.. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year
3.. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August
4.. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago.

We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one and maybe more new members of the Supreme Court — in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.

If you don’t think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, I think you’re smokin’ something funky….”

So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn’t get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win...Imagine this: SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But....but.....the Supreme Court justices are supposed to be unbiased, and strictly interpret the Constitution. Why should it matter?

Everyone knows the answer, but it's just another fallacy of our system. Would Mitten's picks really be all that conservative? Doesn't matter. They'll tell us how we're going to live, and we'll like it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election….

“…..if Mitt wins the nomination, as seems very likely, I will enthusiastically support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I’d just ask you to keep four things in mind:

We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one and maybe more new members of the Supreme Court - in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.

If you don’t think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, I think you’re smokin’ something funky….”

So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn’t get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win...Imagine this: SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER.

Oh I think it matters very much. It's too bad the GOP didn't care about this when they nominated Romney. Too bad they took for granted that the true conservatives of the party would just play along and vote for this awful candidate. IF Romney isn't elected because too many true conservatives vote for Gary Johnson, or write in someone else, or simply leave that section blank on their ballot, it WILL NOT be their fault that the GOP lost. It will be the GOP's fault that the GOP lost.

When they were so worried and focused on how to appease the middle and trying to pull votes away from Obama, perhaps they should've been a little bit more concerned about making sure they had their own side of the house appeased? This may be a bitter lesson for the GOP, but if it happens, they damned sure earned it.

P.S. Holder would NEVER get confirmed to SCOTUS.

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But....but.....the Supreme Court justices are supposed to be unbiased, and strictly interpret the Constitution. Why should it matter?
True enough but its unfortunate the general public doens't realize how the left/right bias affects the opinions of the SCOTUS as well as the tendency of the court to try to influence policy

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yup. And the fifth vote was appointed by...wait for it...a Republican! Do you really think Romney would appoint somebody who would have struck down PPACA? I certainly don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom