Ill just leave this here.... Iran says warships sailing towards U.S!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks while I agree that this is just sabre rattling and nothing more, to discount the possibility that they could pull off an attack is very stupid. Hell given Iran's tech and weapons I could design an attack. It would be mostly propaganda without a lot of damage but it would work.

Think about this. The supply ship has hangers (3 I believe) for Sea King helos which would easily handle a large truck. Pair that with their Fateh-110 truck mounted missile that has a range of 300km. It does not have to be a nuke warhead to cause damage and with cadets on board our political types would be uneasy about attacking even if they knew about missiles being on board until the missiles were fired. Yes they would be sunk within minutes of launching the attack but it is possible.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Pulling off an attack" is one thing. Pulling off an effectual attack that doesn't result in the bulk of your navy and a large portion of your nation's infrastructure being reduced to slag is entirely another.

Iran is collectively nuts, but they aren't suicidal...yet.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Pulling off an attack" is one thing. Pulling off an effectual attack that doesn't result in the bulk of your navy and a large portion of your nation's infrastructure being reduced to slag is entirely another.

To us it would not be effective but in the mid-east it would make Iran even more of a power. As for them not being suicidal,

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/10/29/iran.suicide/index.html?eref=yahoo

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree except with your last sentence, I'm sure they have many many souls ready for martyrdom and If their insane leadership (and by leader ship I mean their religious leaders) wants to bring about their 12th imam etc then I wouldn't put anything past them.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Iran is going to go crazy and attack anyone, why would they sail across an ocean when they could just attack Israel? Being closer to home would give them far more options and a better position of strength. Not to mention that any movement towards the US coast is likely to be highly monitored via satellite (and satellite guided missiles) and probably shadowed by a US sub below.

If Iran is going to hit us with a dirty bomb then i'm guessing they'd aim for a method that wouldn't easily (and publicly) be traced back to them. A state-sponsored terrorist attack would be far more likely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom