I'm out! Outta HERE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new big airport in St. Vincent can take big ones. That small one in Mustique is just puddle-jumpers. There's a rise at the end of the runway that is... interesting. As you're flying in, you can't see the airport (in those small planes, you're looking right over the pilot's shoulder), then you top a rise and immediately drop about 20 feet in what feels like a plummet and touch down. It's a little scary the first time. lol

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new big airport in St. Vincent can take big ones. That small one in Mustique is just puddle-jumpers. There's a rise at the end of the runway that is... interesting. As you're flying in, you can't see the airport (in those small planes, you're looking right over the pilot's shoulder), then you top a rise and immediately drop about 20 feet in what feels like a plummet and touch down. It's a little scary the first time. lol
Have fun Doc you deserve a break.
On a side note isn't your wife an Island girl?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So two aggies are flying along in a small plane when the pilot notices that they are getting low on fuel. He tells his passenger, "Hey... you need to help me look for an airport, a landing strip, ANY place we can get this plane on the ground before we run out of fuel!"

So they go a little ways, and finally the passenger says, "Hey! I see a landing strip... but I dunno. It's VERY short. I'm not sure we can land there." The pilot looks and says, "Hmm... I'm not sure either, but we HAVE to try. We can't make it to another airport, we're going to have to give it a shot."

So the pilot says, "I tell you what... I will set 'er down as CLOSE to the edge of the runway as I possibly can, as soon as it touches ground, you help me jump on the brakes, and we'll just have to HOPE that we can get 'er stopped before we run out of runway!"

So they come in as low and slow as possible, the pilot NAILS the landing right at the edge of the runway, they stomp the breaks and come to a stop just inches short of the end of the runway.

The pilot heaves a HUGE sigh of relief, and says, "Man! That HAS to be the SHORTEST runway I have ever seen IN MY LIFE!"

The passenger, turning and looking to his left and right says, "Yeah! But it must be TWO MILES WIDE...!"

:pms2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have fun Doc you deserve a break.
On a side note isn't your wife an Island girl?

Yes, this is where she was raised, St. Vincent & the Grenadines. We can only afford this because we can stay with her family. And the fancy place we got comped for 2 nights as a connection to a friend of a friend. No way I could pay for that place, I think it's $35k a week now in the offseason. Of course, we're only staying in the 2 bedroom cottage, that cost is for the whole place, 9 bedrooms, I think.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, this is where she was raised, St. Vincent & the Grenadines. We can only afford this because we can stay with her family. And the fancy place we got comped for 2 nights as a connection to a friend of a friend. No way I could pay for that place, I think it's $35k a week now in the offseason. Of course, we're only staying in the 2 bedroom cottage, that cost is for the whole place, 9 bedrooms, I think.
You must have done some slick talking to get her to move from there to Oklahoma

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha. She came to Wichita Falls for college, was planning on moving back, but then we got together and have been all over the world since then. She's stuck with me, even through all of my s**t, so I can't complain.

And we have family to stay with in the tropics, so even better!

Latest posts

Top Bottom