Impulse Buy - New .22LR Pistol for the Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack but I have been trying to decide between the 22/45 target with the 5.5" bull barrel and the lite with the 4" barrel. I have probably been reading too much internet but is there an accuracy difference between the two and if so how much more accurate is the bull barrel vs the lite?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack but I have been trying to decide between the 22/45 target with the 5.5" bull barrel and the lite with the 4" barrel. I have probably been reading too much internet but is there an accuracy difference between the two and if so how much more accurate is the bull barrel vs the lite?
Unless you were shooting Bullseye, I doubt you would notice the difference.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pics on arrival, please! The 617 is on my short list (which grows longer by the day, it seems).

Here you go...I'll take some more flattering photos as soon as I can get the 617 outdoors. Until then, this shot off my ironing board will have to do. The speedloader and loading block shown in the photo are from Dave Skrzela's DS-10 line of speedloaders and blocks.

i.imgur.com_dA3DhnKh.jpg

Last edited:

Jupiter Fulminator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here you go...I'll take some more flattering photos as soon as I can get the 617 outdoors. Until then, this shot off my ironing board will have to do. The speedloader and loading block shown in the photo are from Dave Skrzela's DS-10 line of speedloaders and blocks.

i.imgur.com_dA3DhnKh.jpg
Very nice! Thank you for the pics and congratulations!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 617 is much more enjoyable to shoot than any auto I have owned. That's just my opinion as I am becoming increasingly partial to wheelguns over auto handguns. The 617 will be getting an Apex hammer and red fiber optic front sight in the upcoming months. After installing a 13# Wolff rebound spring, a new strain screw, and stoning the internals, I'm running a 9# DA trigger and a SA trigger that's less than 3#. With the Apex hammer, the DA pull should be closer to 6# (no SA notch on Apex hammer), but I'll likely need to use a reduced power main spring and longer strain screw to get there with reliable ignition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom