In the past 3 days I have pulled my press handle 9250 times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So do your arms look like Popeye's?

ai116.photobucket.com_albums_o19_jakebarlow_4.jpg

These are my results after my long reloading session

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Why so many times? 1850x5=9250. Didn't you pull the handle 1850 times and got 1850 rounds? Surely you didn't load each one single stage like! :)

You need one of my press monitors on that LNL! It would have counted all the rounds for you, told you how fast you were currently going in RPH, how fast your entire session is in RPH, how many rounds to go, how long until your done, and it would have made sure you take the handle to each extreme every time (no short stroking). A huge reloading session like this just begs for a press monitor! I recently upgrade firmware for a customer and he had over 10K rounds on his with an average of over 430 RPH for all of his sessions.

[Broken External Image]

p.s. All that ammo sure looks nice together!!

Thanks,

Alan

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Hi,

Why so many times? 1850x5=9250. Didn't you pull the handle 1850 times and got 1850 rounds? Surely you didn't load each one single stage like! :)

You need one of my press monitors on that LNL! It would have counted all the rounds for you, told you how fast you were currently going in RPH, how fast your entire session is in RPH, how many rounds to go, how long until your done, and it would have made sure you take the handle to each extreme every time (no short stroking). A huge reloading session like this just begs for a press monitor! I recently upgrade firmware for a customer and he had over 10K rounds on his with an average of over 430 RPH for all of his sessions.

[Broken External Image]

Thanks,

Alan

I was just doing the math on that too. Even on a single stage it shouldn't be 9250, as you only have 4 (3 for rifles) actions, deprime/size, belling / powder (if pistol and auto powder dropper), seating, and crimp. And some dies do the crimp/seating in one stroke.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well there is 5 stations, so on the .223 I only used three of them and on the 9mm I used 4 but I still moved the handle up and down on the extra one or two stations that didn't do anything, make sense or am I bass ackwards here?

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Well there is 5 stations, so on the .223 I only used three of them and on the 9mm I used 4 but I still moved the handle up and down on the extra one or two stations that didn't do anything, make sense or am I bass ackwards here?

Not picking on you at all JC, you did have 9,250 operations if you think of them 5 operations happening at one time for each pull. That is the advantage of a progressive like a LNL however that one pull = one round. At first, I thought you loaded all these on a turret (like a Lee turret) and 1,850 rounds on a 4 hole turret would be 7,400 pulls (truly painful!).

Thanks!

Alan

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Not picking on you at all JC, you did have 9,250 operations if you think of them 5 operations happening at one time for each pull. That is the advantage of a progressive like a LNL however that one pull = one round. At first, I thought you loaded all these on a turret (like a Lee turret) and 1,850 rounds on a 4 hole turret would be 7,400 pulls (truly painful!).

Thanks!

Alan

ah you are absolutely correct, oh well 9250 sounds better LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom