In the Ponca City Newspaper Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere around Salt Plains lake there's supposed to be a giant stash. I've seen more than one claim on this, and know more than one person who's researched it pretty extensively. The folks, the means, the history about it is all there. Everything but the actual location lol.
Hmmm…how close to the lake?!?

I’ve been thinking about getting one of those Garrett metal detectors.:blush:

Edit to add that I just read the gold was supposedly buried close to the dam. :censored:

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm…how close to the lake?!?

I’ve been thinking about getting one of those Garrett metal detectors.:blush:

Edit to add that I just read the gold was supposedly buried close to the dam. :censored:
And honestly if it's true, you might be surprised how close you could be to it. If folks know that area very well, there's only one area with red bluffs along the river where it's said to be.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And honestly if it's true, you might be surprised how close you could be to it.
I’ve already been planning to mow down the plum thickets around my house, so that would make it easier to look for the treasure.

Wouldn’t that be a hoot and a half to pay $180k for a place that has millions in 1850’s gold on it.🤣

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I’ve already been planning to mow down the plum thickets around my house, so that would make it easier to look for the treasure.

Wouldn’t that be a hoot and a half to pay $180k for a place that has millions in 1850’s gold on it.🤣
The red bluffs are a long SE side of the dam and east along the south of the river. Who knows if that's actually the correct portion of the river. I'd say anyone up there along the river has a chance.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The red bluffs are a long SE side of the dam and east along the south of the river. Who knows if that's actually the correct portion of the river. I'd say anyone up there along the river has a chance.
The current river “topography“ is different north of the lake versus south of the lake, and I wonder if it has to do with the years of flooding north of the lake cause by the dam. I’ve never seen pictures of what my area looked like prior to the dam construction and wonder if it was more like what’s south.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
The current river “topography“ is different north of the lake versus south of the lake, and I wonder if it has to do with the years of flooding north of the lake cause by the dam. I’ve never seen pictures of what my area looked like prior to the dam construction and wonder if it was more like what’s south.
I would say it's probably different but I don't think your area ever had red shale bluffs or they would still be there. There's very little sand along the river from the bluffs east, whereas your area on the other had has a ton.

bobkhan

Enlightened Redneck
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to break it to everybody but this unknown man who went by the name “Blondie” and his accomplice Tuco Ramirez discovered the lost gold in an unmarked grave in Sad Hill Cemetery in 1873…..

IMG_0515.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom